Author Topic: 250w merc ballast question  (Read 2291 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

250w merc ballast question « on: June 22, 2007, 10:15:20 PM » Author: prawnman88
willit run a 175 w bulb or over time will it burn it up ? or burn each other up im still learning i never asked this question at work so anyinfo thx guys  ???
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 250w merc ballast question « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 07:30:32 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
it will just overpower the lamp, and depending on how strong the lamp is, (usually newer ones are weaker and will kill itself) but the older stronger better quality lamps may just bulge the arc tube.....I have a 175 watt lamp that was powered on a 400 watt ballast for many years, and yet this lightbulb still worked but had a BUGLED arc tube......

You know Dave the Silverliner, he powered a 50 watt HPS into a 1000 watt MV and it EXPLODED the HPS in a few seconds!!!!!!!!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: 250w merc ballast question « Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 07:34:20 PM » Author: prawnman88
um somehow i believe dave whould do that :) also u and dave keep watching the mail im just running late this week i promise for sure !!!!!!!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies