Author Topic: I set up an Album with 4 pictures of the Angel's Flight Street Lamp.  (Read 3243 times)
Angels Flight
I set up an Album with 4 pictures of the Angel's Flight Street Lamp. « on: June 23, 2007, 06:35:14 PM » Author: Angels Flight
I am an eBay reseller and a client has told me she has the globe (or top) part of a street light from the Angel's Flight -- when it was dismantled back in the '60's.  I looked up some pictures of of the old cable car and I don't see any street lights.  I haven't seen the item yet, but when I do, I would like to have some way of verifying that she has the real deal.  Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 03:48:49 PM by Angels Flight » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Were there street lights on Angel's Flight in Los Angeles? « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 01:51:33 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I know someone here who knows but wait for his answer if he will...I believe  he has a picture

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Angels Flight
Re: Were there street lights on Angel's Flight in Los Angeles? « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:15:54 PM » Author: Angels Flight
Thanks.  I was beginning to wonder if anyone knew.  I'll look for his reply. 
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Were there street lights on Angel's Flight in Los Angeles? « Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 11:19:20 PM » Author: Silverliner
Hi, I live near LA so I will try my best to be of help. I will have to check my Southern Californialand book and some books with historic photos of LA including the Angels Flight. That way I will verify if this type of street light in question was ever there. Also I suggest that you contact the city's Bureau of Streetlighting who is responsible for the city's streetlights. Their website is www.lacity.org/bsl and hope this helps! I'll also get back and add more info after I check the photos.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:57:08 PM by TudorWhiz » Logged

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Angels Flight
Re: Were there street lights on Angel's Flight in Los Angeles? « Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:39:16 AM » Author: Angels Flight
Thanks in advance for your help!
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Were there street lights on Angel's Flight in Los Angeles? « Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 03:45:13 AM » Author: Silverliner
Hi, I checked my Southern Californialand book and found a color Kodachrome pic of the Angel's Flight from the 1950s. I didn't see any globe shaped streetlights in the pic. Did you contact the BSL? Just wondering. Hope they are of help.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Were there street lights on Angel's Flight in Los Angeles? « Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 06:38:19 PM » Author: prawnman88
sorry but what was the angels flight ? dave can u post a link ?
Angels Flight
Re: I set up an Album with 4 pictures of the Angel's Flight Street Lamp. « Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 03:55:38 PM » Author: Angels Flight
You responded to a post I made last week (or so) about a lamp an eBay client has asked me to sell. 

fyi: Angel's Flight was a very short incline railway that was torn down in Los Angeles in the 1960's and recently returned to it's original location.  Google Images has lots of pictures of it.

I finally figured out how to create an album.  It's called Angel's Flight and shows four pictures of the item. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sherri
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies