Author Topic: Didn't know this stuff was still available, especially in CA!  (Read 2134 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Didn't know this stuff was still available, especially in CA! « on: June 14, 2013, 12:40:16 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Anyone know the story behind some of the lamps I was surprised to see in a home Depot in Atascadero, CA? Seems CA is one step ahead of other states as far as lighting efficiency standards; REALLY surprised to see some of the stuff listed below...
For example...75w Philips Alto Cool White Supreme F96T12s? Daylight Deluxe version of same? I thought the only 75w ones were C50 and 3500K? I GUESS others could be 60w but IIRC Philips no longer makes T12 energy savers...
Other less-common lamps labeled "deluxe" colors...does Philips use high-CRI phosphors for F20s, circlines, etc. now?
Also are the 2XF96T12 fixtures I see there NOS?
What about "Daylight Deluxe", etc. F32T8s? Do they use the same phosphors as their T12 counterparts or are they just standardizing/universalizing their color names?

Any info would be interesting...
Cavannus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Didn't know this stuff was still available, especially in CA! « Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:55:48 PM » Author: Cavannus
I don't know how Home Depot manage their fluorescent tube stocks, but I also found some tubes I didn't expect to find.
For example, about 5 years ago they had F15T12 Philips tubes with a nice 830 tint. I bought a couple of them then they disappeared after a few months, without any warm F15 tube to replace them.
DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: Didn't know this stuff was still available, especially in CA! « Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:25:50 PM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
The Philips Cool White Supreme (which, as I understand, is the same as the Ultralume 4100K) meets 2012 lighting legislation, and it is available in 4' 40 watt and 8' 75 watt. The other ones I'm not sure about.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

AZTECH

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Didn't know this stuff was still available, especially in CA! « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 04:17:29 AM » Author: AZTECH
@ ace100w120v,

Yes, I think it still lot demand for F96T12 since many people do have these fixture still operates. Even I have see some liquid store, private gas stations, and etc still have their trusted old F96T12 and some F72T12 fixtures. Here Auburn, CA home depot do have these some type of color in stock such as cool white, warm white, neutral, and daylight for F96T12.

But only I notice not long ago home Depot Stop selling new T12 fixtures on display but still sells the tubes.  :-\               
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies