Author Topic: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires  (Read 1852 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « on: June 27, 2023, 01:02:56 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Earlier this month, American Electric Lighting came out with a new series of LED street lights called the AutoConnect™️. From my understanding, they're supposed to be a solution for street lights connected to a smart system. Operating times and dimming can be controlled via bluetooth or mobile devices owned by the grid. This will also be the first American street light with a bottom-mounted control receptacle. There are three sizes: Series ACC (compact), Series ACM (medium), and Series ACL (large).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 01:13:01 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 04:00:35 AM » Author: Econolite03
That’s pretty cool. I like how they embossed the AEL logo underneath, kinda pays homage to the ITT era or their other early products.
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 08:19:20 AM » Author: HIDLad001
The Aussie idea of mounting the photocell underneath is a good idea. It prevents birds from defecating on it and the sun wearing out the photocell, but it also has the option for a standard NEMA photocell on the top.
The "Photocell" on the bottom is not only a photocell, but a smart connectivity module.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2023, 09:03:27 PM » Author: Richmond2000
not a BAD looking LED lamp
I wonder how long till we see them "in the wild"
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #4 on: July 08, 2023, 10:29:07 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 According to the document , the P/C is available either top or bottom mounted .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 06:01:39 PM » Author: Maxim
I wonder how long till we see them "in the wild"

Near me, it looks to be quite soon... these luminaires have been chosen for the City of Philadelphia LED conversion; mainly because of the fixture's connectivity / remote monitoring features.

See here.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #6 on: November 26, 2023, 03:42:30 PM » Author: Maxim
Well, the City of Philadelphia followed through! I went to the city today for church and saw a ton of these. They don't look half-bad at all; I'd say they look much better than the GE Evolves that the city used prior to this contract.

I think they look as great as they do because of their sloped canopy. They give off almost Lumec RoadFocus vibes, though I definitely prefer the RoadFocus in terms of design. In regards to reliability, only time will tell.

My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 06:49:12 PM » Author: Richmond2000
I actually LIKE the daytime look of the GE and the NIGHTTIME looks/performance of the Lumec and this looks to combine those two together reasonably well
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 10:16:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I saw these and they look pretty nice, they look pretty cool in black too when I saw the ones being put up in Philly.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 11:15:46 PM » Author: Maxim
Yep, they do look decent. Nice addition to the AEL family!

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 08:43:20 PM » Author: Maxim
Just a quick update.

They're installing these in 2700K, which is a godsend when you compare these to the 5000K Evolve glarebombs that preceded them!
These honestly look amazing at night; very little glare, nice light spread, etc. I honestly don't miss the M250R2s used by the City of Philadelphia all that much anymore...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 04:05:54 PM by Maxim » Logged

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #11 on: January 08, 2024, 08:58:21 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I know I'm a bit late, but that is really good to hear. I definitely don't miss HPS with some of the more recent LED installations.
I will be driving through Philly on my way to Asbury Park, NJ for a relative's wedding, and hopefully I will be able to get some good quality up-close photos of them.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Acuity Brands releases a new series of LED roadway luminaires « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2024, 09:21:30 PM » Author: Maxim
Woah, so you'll be close to me! If you do travel through Philadelphia (and the NE Philadelphia) do PM me. I live about 35 mins from Center City, so basically on the outskirts of Northeast Philly.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies