Author Topic: failing power and Instant Start  (Read 10434 times)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

failing power and Instant Start « on: June 28, 2013, 11:02:12 AM » Author: Ash
3 phase system with 2/3's of the load affected - so looks like either lights are wired in delta and 1 phase is failing, or 1 phase on the primary of HV transformer failing. I think the lights are Instant Start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqH8OkravhU
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 12:11:33 PM » Author: Medved
It look more like an insufficient power of the backup genset...

No more selfballasted c***

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 12:32:35 PM » Author: dor123
Someone uploaded this video to LG in the past.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:00 PM » Author: Ash
Is this video filmed by somebody from LG, or just posted here as a 'youtube find" like i did ?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 01:16:37 PM » Author: dor123
I don't find the video. But I'm sure it posted as a Youtube find video.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

LightBulbFun

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:14:14 PM » Author: LightBulbFun
yea loooks like not anuf volts i have a US IS ballast wen the V drops to low the lamp starts to flash like crazy :P

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 09:22:30 PM » Author: Alights
yeah many instant start ballasts will do this when power is not sufficient, i have seen a few cases of this happening, often times when the power comes back many of the out of spec ballasts will fail

magnetic RS ballasts just get slightly flickery i think, or just do a dim glow
jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 06:50:38 PM » Author: jrmcferren
The primary side of the power line was arcing out to ground on one or more phases. After a while the last phase either got involved in the arc and caused the fuses to finally open, or a protective circuit opened all three phases and killed the power.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: failing power and Instant Start « Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 02:29:49 AM » Author: dor123
According to what I remember from the original post of this video here, this was happened during a power interruption, and the backup generator run out of fuel. All of these fixtures described as having programmed start electronic ballasts.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies