Author Topic: Finally a working induction lamp!  (Read 5028 times)
imj
Finally a working induction lamp! « on: July 06, 2013, 10:25:43 AM » Author: imj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j913s2fKU64

It starts with a split second delay then the light comes on at 80% brightness with 4500K colour and after a while becomes brighter like a 250W mercury and then the colour shifts to daylight colour. The heat sink at the base of the bulb is HOT! After lighting the thing for about 15min and letting it cool down for about the same time the heatsink is still so HOT! I don't think it will last very long not with the sticky tape coil..LOL.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:57:19 AM by imj » Logged
f36t8

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finally a working induction lamp! « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 12:56:41 PM » Author: f36t8
I like the shape.

Does it cause much radio interference?
imj
Re: Finally a working induction lamp! « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 07:42:29 PM » Author: imj
I haven't brought any radio near it but it's using low frequency so I don't think there is any.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finally a working induction lamp! « Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:33:16 AM » Author: Medved
It apparently uses the "Philips QL" concept and these have to operate at a few MHz (if I remember well, some band around 4MHz is reserved for such energetic use), so it would radiate quite a lot. Don't forget even few percent out of the 200W mean nearly 10 watts, what is quite a strong "transmitter"...

And for the heatsink: The "original" QL need to be attached onto a good heat conductor material, used as the heatsink. I would guess here something similar would be necessary too...

No more selfballasted c***

imj
Re: Finally a working induction lamp! « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 02:57:45 AM » Author: imj
The brochure of this company says they use special heatsink at the base which is that metal crown heatsink attached to the E40 base so no extra heatsink is needed.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies