Author Topic: Germicidal lamp safety precautions  (Read 2099 times)
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Germicidal lamp safety precautions « on: September 25, 2013, 03:50:15 PM » Author: LampLover
I found a perfectly working ECOQUEST Fresh Air machine and it has a G4T5 lamp in it. My question is I can see the blue glow from the front of the machine but It is blocked by a metal mesh filter is that still bad to look at? If it is I may replace the lamp with an F4T5 (The machine complains if I remove the starter or lamp) as I don't like the idea of me or someone else getting hurt from a UV lamp

Here is a link to the manual for the product (Adobe Acrobat PDF File)

Thanks

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Germicidal lamp safety precautions « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:49:12 PM » Author: dor123
On the specifications, are written that this air purification have an ozone plate rather than a germicidal lamp. An ozone plate is a HV charged plate that either produces ozone or adding a negative ion to the air by a corona discharge.
There mentions of the presence of a UV lamp, is only in the instructions and not in the specification on the product link.
You must use a front glass that blocks UV radiation to view this lamp safety.
Replacing the gremicidal lamp with an F4T5 may degrade the performance of the product slightly, as the lamp also kills bacteria and viruses, but the ozone plate do this better. I don't know for what is the lamp if there is an ozone plate that makes a corona discharge that do most of the job much more efficiently.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Germicidal lamp safety precautions « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 02:31:00 AM » Author: Medved
@dor: It could use both methods combined.

@LampLover: I don't thing the reflected light would be o dangerous, the reflectivity of organic matters (so the lacquer,...) is usually very low in the UV.
However I would see another problem: It uses an ozone to oxidize (so eliminate) the odors from the air. But that mean a large portoion of that ozone will escape into the air outside. And the ozone is these days quite known for it's toxicity...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies