Author Topic: Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city  (Read 1923 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city « on: September 27, 2013, 11:15:18 AM » Author: dor123
IDIOTS  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
English translated link (Original untranslated hebrew article) .
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:35:50 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 02:51:14 AM » Author: MikeT1982
Hi Dor123, i feel your pain with this.....last night i went to a brand new Walmart store that was completely lit with LED parking lot lights and T5 HO fluorescents in the store and i hate to say this but i HATE both, most definitely the LED's more so.  The parking lot resembles and icy blacktop, cold un-inviting, harsh, freezing, glaring, weird.....i can use alot of derogatory things lol. The T5's are just TOOO MUCH intensity from a little strip, fluorescents to me are a soft glow from T12's or even T8's they should not be too bright to look at!! Basically a stretched out dimmed down metal halid arc tube is what it feels like...more like a point source light.  Let be what they want to do but they sure as hell will never be in my home if i can help it LoL!!  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ Long Live  :mv: :inc: :hps: :circ:!!!
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city « Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:44:49 AM » Author: dor123
I've many evidences that LED can often have a lower CRI than even halophosphors fluorescents. I was in an extreme situation in the past at Dr. Pizza. They have a generic 6500K LED floodlight and there where several Osram L 36W/765 China, nearby. Surprisingly, the light from the Osram L 36W/765 China was much more pleasent to my eyes than the light from the 6500K LED floodlight.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:59:20 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city « Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 05:09:04 PM » Author: jrmcferren
LED lighting is invading my area in the convenience stores and gas stations. In fact one of the newest ones in my area has all LED lighting except for the overhead linear fluorescents which are one an energy saving system (two lamp fixtures will only light the lamp farthest from the windows during the daytime hours). These stores also have additional lighting provided in the daytime with solar powered LED systems, the coolers are all LED lit as well. In one store there are NO HID or CFLs of any type in a customer accessible area. In an older store of a different chain halogens are used for some food displays and CFLs are used in all E26 sockets in customer accessible areas.
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 10:36:35 AM » Author: BG101
Leicester (within the official city boundaries) is also being invaded by LED street lights.

Having been down some of the streets at night now on my bike on the way home from work, I can report that the light reminds me of the old MV lit streets, with similar colour appearance and light intensity, so at least in that respect it is OK.

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

CrestwoodOhio

View Posts
View Gallery

josephmatthews535
Re: Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city « Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 07:04:12 AM » Author: CrestwoodOhio
Hopefully the city is using 7000K color temp LEDs.

6500K Color Temperature Kelvin lighting works for me. I use 6500K CFL in all my incandescent light fixtures. I use 6500K Flurescent bulbs in my flurescent fixtures. I hope prices get better and hope I find 6500K LED lighting in the future. I love energy efficient and Energy Star products. Way to go!

Brendda75

View Posts
View Gallery

LOVE my 8' slimline!!

Re: Maalot Tarshiha will become the world's first LED illuminated city « Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 05:46:11 PM » Author: Brendda75
Dor123: I feel bad for you and I agree with you that they are idiots.  I can forsee a LOT of maintenance issues, since I know that LED fixtures never last their rated life, and lumen output as well.  They might be saving money by going LED. but in the end, it could cost depending on how many failures they have to deal with. :(  Like some folks said in the previous posts, You won't ever find an LED lamp in my home! 

Love dresses, make-up and just crazy about fluorescent lighting!!  Keep those T12's and magnetic ballasts alive!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies