Author Topic: Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again!  (Read 2024 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again! « on: December 17, 2013, 05:01:48 AM » Author: AngryHorse
They have joined forces!, we`re all doomed!.......
So my story begins, on the 29th of November I put an order into National Lamps and Components for 4 Megamsn LED lamps, and 3 E27 lamp holders.
First of all, its odd why its taken NL+C, 2 weeks to get the lamps?, but thats beside the point, no, when I ordered I went with the free post, (Royal Mail), after my last package was left "with a neighbour" at the other end of my street by Yodel!

So yesterday I get a card....by Yodel...., contracted out by RM as it must be busy with the Christmas rush.
The card has NO filled in details!!!!!, just a parcel ID number at the bottom, urging me to use their fast track website to find out where my package is.......

Go on the website, put your number and postcode in and you get......"oops!, there has been a problem and we can`t help you"!!!!,
gee thanks for that Dumbdell!  >:( , so then you ring up and they tell you your ID number is not a match for your address details??????, thats odd, as they managed to post the CARD to the right house!

Jesus, does this two bit , half ass, idiot company do this on purpose?

Parcel is coming tomorrow morning now!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 05:03:40 AM by LinearSLI/H » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

LegacyLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Blake

Re: Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again! « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:05:28 AM » Author: LegacyLighting
Hope you got your parcel by now! I must say whenever anyone says 'Muppets' I think of Kermit, Gonzo and the gang! Merry Christams  by the way! ;D
randacnam7321

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again! « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 04:50:07 AM » Author: randacnam7321
Sounds like UPS not delivering my new magnetic F32T8 ballast even though they said they did.

Old school FTW!

amtrakuk
Re: Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again! « Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:15:57 AM » Author: amtrakuk
Around here they don't even bother to delivery parcels.   The posty includes a "We tried to call" card though your letterbox along with your bills.

I did collar him once and ask him where my parcel was and was told it is waiting for me to pick up in the sorting office.

The sting is even if you get to the sorting office that morning with your card they wont release it for 24 hours.
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again! « Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:23 PM » Author: BG101
Sounds like some of the ones operating round here .. I used to play a game of "knock a door .. run" as a kid, seems the posties are doing the same! Even if they actually ring the bell they are often at the point of issuing the card by the time I've managed to relocate the cat flaked out on me, got down two flights of stairs narrowly avoiding being legged over by the other cat and made it to the front door.

On one occasion a parcel was left several doors away with no card to say where it was, I only found out by going on to their website and finding the signature and delivery address. The parcel had been chewed by their dogs, luckily the contents weren't damaged.

What really annoys me is my post, rather being redirected to the city centre office about a mile away which is open all day, is instead sent to the depot in an industrial estate on the outskirts. This is only open until 12:30 weekdays and 10:00 Saturdays and you need your own transport to get there.

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

amtrakuk
Re: Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again! « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:51:40 PM » Author: amtrakuk
Noth to mention the queue a mile long to get into the sorting office to pick up your parcel, and why do they take what seems a lifetime just to go and get your parcel once you've given the card, are they working to rule?

Luckily I got down to mine at 7am last Saturday and was 2nd in line, after going out an hour later there was a queue out the gates and down the street of about 30 people.  I thought you've got a long wait...
amtrakuk
Re: Royal Mail/Yodel muppets strike again! « Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 11:00:59 AM » Author: amtrakuk
Surprise surprise YODEL strikes again...

Just waiting on a ebay purchase to be delivered.  "Apparently" they tried to deliver at 10h30 when there was someone in the house...  I phoned them up asking if I can pick it up tonight was asked when they tried to deliver, told them 10h30 (Big mistake) I was told I had to wait 24 hours until I can pick it up..  I asked when they opened, was told 08h00 but was told I wont be able to pick it up until 10h30 (24 hours from the card) tomorrow - WTF!!!

I guess it was sent by one of these budget couriers.   Why can they not unload the van at the end of the night like DHL and others allowing it to be picked up...

I am guessing they must be part of Royal Snail as they have the same "Wait XXX hours before pick-up" with a scribbled 24 in the box as far as I know Royal Mail is the only other delivery org that does that...  Why does YODEL seemed to go out their way to annoy the customer?

Yet another rubbish service from Royal Mail/YODEL.

Now go to wait ANOTHER day for my win!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies