Author Topic: Megaman vid  (Read 3838 times)
imj
Megaman vid « on: July 30, 2007, 06:47:11 AM » Author: imj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf-LOmMZoIw
J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Megaman vid « Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:33:37 AM » Author: J-Frog
I believe Megaman is the company that made the Ikea CFLs, and I did see some apparent Ikea CFL lookalikes in that cool video!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Megaman vid « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 11:32:54 AM » Author: prawnman88
i agree also i have some ikea lamps and there still going strong and there 3 years old and just regular use but.  i have to say i like them alot says alot for china junk but hey maybe there making them better now at least megaman is
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Megaman vid « Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 08:00:45 PM » Author: lightman64
so thats what it looks like when they make china junk!

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Megaman vid « Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 12:28:45 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
The Megaman you saw on the video is actually the better China stuff....not the badly made ones....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Megaman vid « Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 11:20:37 AM » Author: lightman64
Megaman is actually a good brand. I have some IKEA lamps and they all are still going strong. Megaman doesn't use Instant-start ballasts either, usually programmed start.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Megaman vid « Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 04:30:54 PM » Author: Medved
Recently i made bad experience with Megaman: I bought their "DorS" dimmable globe for about $35 (when i recalculate it by the rate i remember; it was CZK~560).
It is 4 wide-bent parallel T3 U-tube configuration with the outer glued by the silicone glue to the socket plastic.

First they by far do not meet the declared 5% minimum dimming level (the reason i bought it instead of my preferred OSRAM), it is 15% in reality (and as i checked it later, this value is not caused by driver's tolerance, but value programmed in the embedded microcontroller, so they know they do not meet this; with some mods i was able to lower it down to ~4%)

Second the globe outer was quite loose, what trigger me to look inside, it get's very easilly off, the glue touches both surfaces only on ~1/4 of perimeter (for sure it was intended to hold it around whole perimeter)

After removing the outer, i saw something i'm not used to see even on very cheap china junk: Visibly uneven phosphor deposition and this on STRIGHT tube sections! I guess the lamp could have easilly at least 30% higher efficacy, only by better manufacturing quality control.

I was really not ready to see so many quality problems on one, single, so expensive lamp.
I got strong impression, Megaman (or better say their production labor) does decently only stuff, that is visible, the rest is crappy, totally ruining the otherwise good design.

Megaman is actually a good brand. I have some IKEA lamps and they all are still going strong. Megaman doesn't use Instant-start ballasts either, usually programmed start.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies