Author Topic: Bulb ban bill in California status  (Read 3510 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Bulb ban bill in California status « on: August 13, 2007, 12:18:14 AM » Author: Silverliner
Just wanted to let you guys know this bill fell through! So the traditional bulbs will be safe for a bit longer. Will keep ya posted.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulb ban bill in California status « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 01:02:16 AM » Author: SeanB~1
Reason prevailed? I would only support such a law if there was a proviso that replacements were to be made in the country, and not outsourced from China.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Bulb ban bill in California status « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 02:52:30 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I am happy it fell through....now we need Chinese lamps, on specific companies except for Sunbeam, Westinghouse to be banned, also we should HELP Westinghouse not be Chinese made!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lightingcollector84

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulb ban bill in California status « Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:13:28 PM » Author: lightingcollector84
I'm actually not all that surprised that this fell through, but I certainly am glad. I mean there are plenty of other energy efficent things that can be implemented before they started banning light bulbs.
arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Bulb ban bill in California status « Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:53:54 PM » Author: arcblue
But, in California, fixtures that use standard quartz metal halide lamps between 150 and 400w and burn them vertically are banned starting in 2008! 150 and under are already pulse-start lamps. Again, efficiency is the issue, and the idea is for indoor installations using high-bay/low-bay fixtures to replace their low-watt fixtures with CFL bay lights or T8/T5 troffers, and higher wattage to use pulse-start 320w lamps. We are already seeing this trend all over the U.S. I think eventually this may soon extend to all 175, 250w and 400w non-pulse start ballasts and lamps being banned, much like the mercury lamp ban, so time to stock up on ballasts & lamps!

I'm lampin...

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Bulb ban bill in California status « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 10:59:56 PM » Author: Silverliner
Alain I am aware of the new regulations regarding MH lamps, that is incredibly absurd. I have been seeing lots of MH systems being replaced by fluorescent lighting as well. That scares me thinking that HID lamps may be no more someday. However fluorescent lighting has a major advantage: far lower A/C costs because they produce way less heat.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies