Author Topic: blacklights  (Read 5348 times)
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: blacklights « Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 12:44:31 AM » Author: tolivac
I have a homemade 100W Mercury "Blacklight" hand held fixture made from a ballast,reflector,handle,switch,and a GE filtered BL mercury bulb.Works very well.Bought at a swap shop for 20 bucks.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: blacklights « Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 12:49:31 AM » Author: Medved
BLB "HPS": Wasn't it just a pulse start MV (or MH), only maybe designed to run on the HPS ballast (so therefore bear the HPS ballast code designation)?

No more selfballasted c***

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: blacklights « Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 01:29:45 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I could see a MH BLB, but in retrospect, I see your point over HPS not producing enough UV, maritime man. I'm pretty sure I saw the HPS black light on a Chinese site, do it may just be mislabeled. Don't believe what you see I guess.
Couldn't you make a HPS BLB with an outer envelope of woods glass like an incandescent BLB lamp?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: blacklights « Reply #18 on: May 27, 2015, 02:20:12 AM » Author: Ash
An HPS with exploded arctube looks black, though it is silver-black and not BLB-like black

I have 1 BLB Mercury lamp 125W, and 3 BLB Fluorescents 36W T8. Unfortunately you can get the BLB fluorescents here only from very cheap and low quality manufacturers, the importers of the good lamps dont want to bother with importing a lamp for which the market is so low

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: blacklights « Reply #19 on: May 27, 2015, 11:21:56 AM » Author: Medved
Couldn't you make a HPS BLB with an outer envelope of woods glass like an incandescent BLB lamp?

That wouldn't emit anything...
The incandescent does emit some of the UV, although the efficiency is really very low. But the HPS emits way less than that (it just runs way colder, include the sodium arc core).

The Chinese offerings (on Ebay, AliExpress, just everywhere...) tend to suffer from combination of two problems: The very limited technical skills of the sellers and theis very limited knowledge of the English language (many just use Google). And in that I would not be surprised, when a term "discharge lamp" gets turned into "HPS lamp" (because he finds somewhere e.g. a term "Lamp for streetlights")...

No more selfballasted c***

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: blacklights « Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 07:31:37 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Yes I see your point. I have bought different value resistors from Chinese vendors on eBay and they used the same resistor as the stock photo for each individual listing. Thankfully, they got the values correct.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies