Author Topic: On this day three years ago.  (Read 4377 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

On this day three years ago. « on: April 27, 2014, 02:09:37 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
On April 27, 2011, the state of Alabama and several neighbor states were devastated by an EF4 tornado that destroyed many properties. This was also the time of the largest tornado outbreak the US has ever had. I find it ironic that it is storming outside right now.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: On this day three years ago. « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 02:56:37 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I remember Mom and I watching the news about that on TV. Did you guys make it through okay?

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: On this day three years ago. « Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 03:16:00 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Thankfully, we were not injured. But there was extensive damage all over the southeast. Our power came back on about 26 hours after the storm hit, which surprised me. I thought it would be at least a week.  My dad said he saw the tornado in the distance right through the kitchen window.
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: On this day three years ago. « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:41:51 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
They're predicting super strong storms for today!  Three years and one day after the 4/27 storm.   :o
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: On this day three years ago. « Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:41:43 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Yikes! I know someone who lives in Iowa and has tornado problems too...we call mobile-home parks "tornado magnets" since they always seem to get hit!
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: On this day three years ago. « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 03:41:23 AM » Author: Medved
Yikes! I know someone who lives in Iowa and has tornado problems too...we call mobile-home parks "tornado magnets" since they always seem to get hit!
Isn't that, because on the places situated as to become a "tornado magnets" the regular building is not permitted? The RV parks are not legally "buildings", but just a "parking lots", so those restriction do not apply for them...

No more selfballasted c***

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: On this day three years ago. « Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 06:55:24 PM » Author: icefoglights
Not really.  I think mobile home parks are considered tornado magnets simply because there's a lot of them in parts of the country susceptible to tornados.  They are more at risk from damage because of their light weight construction and because for a long time, they typically weren't anchored to the ground.  Of course, tornados as strong as on that day will level almost everything in their path.

When I was in Louisiana, I had a good weather alert radio.  I consider it a must have for that part of the country.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies