Author Topic: Saw a Lite White for the first time today...  (Read 2022 times)
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Saw a Lite White for the first time today... « on: May 27, 2014, 08:26:04 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
...And I'm rather confused.  :D

The local True Value is lit entirely with 2x F96T12 strip lights, all Cool White, with some Daylight here and there. But I happened to notice one running two modern GE F96T12/LW/WM lamps. Fine and dandy and a cool first find for me. However, the color was nothing like I would have expected based on what I've read on here. I've always read of Lite White as being an unpleasant pale yellow in color. However, these lamps were completely the opposite. They were less yellow and more pink than the regular cool whites they ran beside, perhaps like a Cool White Deluxe! (Although I've never seen one of those, so I can't say for sure.) All in all it was a very pleasant color.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Saw a Lite White for the first time today... « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:26:43 PM » Author: nicksfans
Interesting. The F34 Lite Whites I have in one of my garage fixtures are definitely nasty.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Saw a Lite White for the first time today... « Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 12:20:00 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
How ironic is this; I posted this thread just three days ago. I go back to the store today, and they completely overhauled the lighting! The store is now lit with electronic F32T8 strip lights. It took me by surprise considering my pleasure in talking about how the store was lit by slimlines just 3 days earlier.  :P However, I believe the package department, which contains the fixture with the Lite White lamps, was left alone.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Saw a Lite White for the first time today... « Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 12:42:55 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I know a True-Value hardware store in Sitka, AK that used to be lit with F96's but is now all T5...those True-Values offer interesting (and handy) services...like yours doubles as a post office right?
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Saw a Lite White for the first time today... « Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 12:45:07 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
Yep, that's where I get everything I purchase on eBay shipped. Mine also has a single GE Lumiline lamp on the shelf. At $12, though, I won't be buying it anytime soon. Maybe Christmas?  ::)

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Saw a Lite White for the first time today... « Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 03:36:24 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
The lighting of the package department has now been overhauled. The F96T12 fixture with the lite white lamp is gone; replaced with two 2x F32T8 fixtures. The only fixture that survived the overhaul is a 2x F40T12 shop light that lights the package department.

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Saw a Lite White for the first time today... « Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 01:34:04 AM » Author: nicksfans
I expect to walk into the nearby Ace Hardware any day now and see F32T8 strips installed. Currently it's also lit with 2x F96T12 strips with 2x F40s filling out the ends.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies