Author Topic: Regional restaurants that you LOVE  (Read 8224 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Regional restaurants that you LOVE « on: July 14, 2014, 07:16:25 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
What is your favorite local (non chain) restaurant? For me, it would have to be Milo's Hamburgers based in Birmingham. They have not only the best burgers in town, but (as far as I'm concerned) the best burgers IN THE COUNTRY! Their secret sauce is absolutely unparalleled, and their sweet tea is out of this world.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXAt-aYp2s&feature=kp

http://www.miloshamburgers.com
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:14:40 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:08:10 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
There's a Chinese restaurant called King China in Calais, ME, and it's excellent. Plus, $10 will get you literally enough food to feed you breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 2 or 3 days.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:18:09 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
We've got a few independently owned Chinese restaurants here, too. Ming's Garden is probably the best. 
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:01:14 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I had a Milo's Double Cheeseburger dripping with Milo's sauce for lunch today, and I was reminded of how incredibly awesome it is.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:30:30 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 12:06:02 AM » Author: funkybulb
If u want TEx-Mex. Mexican food id go to Sandra
2 miles down the road from me

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 12:35:05 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Milo's is Awesome.  ;D
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 02:56:01 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I had a Milo's burger for lunch today, but I forgot to take a picture of the burger.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 06:11:39 PM » Author: funkybulb
No u fogot to think outside the bun :)

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

chapman84
Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 08:32:15 PM » Author: chapman84
From Italy's pizza shop in Springdale, PA.
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 02:54:36 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I lucked up out and got Milo's two days in a row! You haven't had a burger 'till you've had a Milo's burger. I consumed this burger so fast, I almost choked on it.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:02:13 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 03:25:33 PM » Author: DieselNut
I saw the Milos burger places when I was in Birmingham July 11-13. Also visited some great breweries (Avondale, GoodPeople, Cahula and TrimTab) and ate at a great little Mexican style restaurant downtown http://elbarriobirmingham.com/
Also went to a place called "On Tap" that had a large selection of the local breweries' beers.  I LOVE GoodPeople's "Snake Handler IPA"!
As for the local places in my (Near Athens, Georgia) area, we have "The Grill", "Loco's Deli & Pub", "Transmetropolitian", "Depalma's", which are some of my favorites.  A new local favorite is "Catch 22", which is a "Gastropub", serving craft beer and the beer from two local breweries (Terrapin Beer Company and Creature Comforts).  I love supporting local business, including restaurants, wineries and breweries.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 10:22:21 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to come here is to get some delicious MILO'S. Everything else here sucks.
LegacyLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Blake

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:05 AM » Author: LegacyLighting
McDonald's if I am in a hurry - maybe once every two weeks. We have some good restaurants in Australia, but many are expensive and often it is cheaper to eat at home.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:18 PM » Author: ace100w120v
There's a pizza place in Craig, Alaska called "Papa's" that I would say hands-down has the best pizza in the "Panhandle" that I've seen so far...even blows Pizza Express away!
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 03:43:29 AM » Author: icefoglights
Culver's in the Midwest.  DQ oreo blizzard was my favorite for years until I had an oreo concrete mixer.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies