Author Topic: Regional restaurants that you LOVE  (Read 8195 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 10:40:43 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
When I was in Milwaukee a month ago, I wanted to go get a Concrete Mixer, but we didn't have time or something.  :(
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 01:00:57 PM » Author: ace100w120v
McDonald's chocolate shakes or Oreo McFlurries!
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 08:52:36 PM » Author: sol
Speaking of chocolatey-ice-creamy treats, the best I tasted was Godiva's Chocolixir although not available everywhere, the closest to where I live being 1500 km.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 10:29:58 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Osaka or Alexander's steak house of Springfield il. Sappudos and papa franks is also good.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 10:37:29 PM » Author: nicksfans
McGee's Irish Pub and Doolittle's are two in Anderson that I frequent. Greenville (~40 min away) has lots more good stuff.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 12:32:48 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Alaska has some really good independent pizzerias...Papa's in Craig, a branch of Pizza Express in Sitka that also does Mexican, Bullwinkle's in Juneau, Moose's Tooth in Anchorage, you name it!
Sitka used to have another really good one called ROMA that did really good pizza but it evolved into "Asian Palace".
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 01:32:47 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I've also gone to mimosas and kiku hibachi restaurants and they both have great teriyaki salmon.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

TheLightingCollector

View Posts
View Gallery

UCuHQve8emnnL_d9oU44qklw
Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 07:46:12 PM » Author: TheLightingCollector
There's two I can think of. Dickey's BBQ and Ten50 BBQ. BEST BBQ EVER!!!!!!!!! If any of Y'all are in Dallas,Texas anytime shoot me a PM and I'll give ya the address to the locations. Also, has anyone seen a Five Guys Burgers And Fries in your home state(other than Texas)? I'm wondering if they're a country-wide franchise or a local one. If so, their burgers are DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 07:47:29 PM » Author: nicksfans
We have Five Guys in SC. There's one in Anderson, in fact, and it's really good!

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 08:05:32 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Here in Port Alexander, AK, some friends/classmates run a little burger/milkshake/etc. stand out of a little modular building...outdoor, open-air seating, etc.  But the food is GOOD and LOCAL! $16 for a buger, fries, and a milkshake is a little steep IMO but I do it to support them...I also tip them all my loose change.  It's not "fast" food by most standards but it's well worth the wait, I stand there and chat with them through the window while it's cooking and often even eat on-site. Fun to visit with them, and others. 
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 08:13:00 PM » Author: nicksfans
You live in Port Alexander? I looked it up and it's REALLY in the middle of nowhere. I assume the only way in is by boat or plane.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 08:14:20 PM » Author: Solanaceae
We have a 5 guys at white oak malls here and it's good. We also have cherry berry and smash burger which are both pretty good.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #27 on: June 04, 2015, 08:35:09 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Nick, you made me laugh out loud! Yeah it's indeed in the "middle of nowhere".  It's hard to describe to people who have never been here.  I've also lived in Atascadero, CA, and on and off in Sitka, AK, and will be moving to Fairbanks, AK in a year or so for college.  Fairbanks will be the largest city, at around 89,000 people (Well like 35,000 for Fairbanks proper but when you consider the other areas around it).
I've found all sorts of neat lighting stuff here though nonetheless.
Yeah only by boat or floatplane.  No roads/cars. 
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 12:20:17 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Pleasant plains, where I go to school, is a little cow town of about 800. The only mom and pop restaurant there is the grainery. It is pretty good. They have the best baked potato and steak.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Regional restaurants that you LOVE « Reply #29 on: July 08, 2021, 04:31:18 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Old topic I know but my favorite regional restaurant definitely has to be the Tilt'n Diner in Tilton NH. It's an old dining cart attached to a building that seems to be 50s themed, they also do old car shows there every Wednesday.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies