Author Topic: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY!  (Read 3095 times)
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « on: July 31, 2014, 01:39:18 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
So I got the bright idea to make the song "Chase" from "The Midnight Express" into a ringtone. I spent probably 3 hours staring at the Toshiba Satellite L655. I had to buy the song from iTunes, and trim it to 30 seconds, and then convert the file into m4r from m4a. THEN, my iPhone refused to sync to the Toshiba Satellite L655.  :o I'm just using the ringtone of the same name from iTunes until I can get the 30 second file transported to my iPhone.

Is there an emoticon for "exhausted?"
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:56:01 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Does anybody know why my iPhone 4 with the latest version of iOS 7 will not connect with my Toshiba Satellite L655 with the latest version of iTunes?
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 10:02:44 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Is the iPhone just not syncing, or is it not showing up in iTunes at all? If the former, my first guess would be to try right-clicking on the ringtone you made, and selecting "create iPod or iPhone version". Other than that, I couldn't tell you.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 10:13:10 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
It won't show up in iTunes at all.

What do you call an iPhone in a blender? Applesauce.  (It's a joke-bazinga)  ;D
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 10:44:37 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Does the iPhone at least charge when it's plugged in?

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:53:18 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Yes.
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 11:00:53 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Go to Start -> Devices and Printers. If it shows up there (it will say "Apple iPhone" and/or "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver", then iTunes is being dumb for some reason. If it doesn't show up there, then Windows isn't detecting it for some reason. That's all I got.

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 11:32:04 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
The next (new) computer I get's gonna be a Mac.

"Hey, Mac. Which way to Redbud?"
"How'd you know my name was Mac?"
"Just guessed."
"Well why don't you guess your way to Redbud?"
-Funny Farm
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:32:50 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Never really cared for apple, finicky, expensive and many of the parts used in I-phones come from Samsung anyway, why shall i buy a phone massively overpriced when i can get an android for cheaper and have it be functional for what i actually need? I'm not a trend follower.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 01:50:00 AM » Author: Ash
With Motorola W388 which i had few years back

It takes : Find the song on Youtube, Download it with some Youtube download app or website (there are many such), Crop in Audacity, Connect phone to USB and copy file to the phone, Go to phone ringtone settings and choose the file

Iphones are not just any technology. They are crippled smart technology
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 02:43:24 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I never bothered with Apple gear, especially iPhones for this reason. I usually buy Samsung Galaxy phones since I'm familiar with Android.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 02:44:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
Apple's iTunes and iPhoto are nothing but trouble.  First of all, they require updates all the time and flat out don't work if you don't update.  When you do update, you have to relearn how to use the program!  Also, each update seems to slow down the program.  The lag on my iPhoto is so bad, I've had to force quit and reset my laptop a few times.  I overheard my dad cussing out the desktop trying to simply upload photos from his phone today.  The iPhoto asked for Apple ID, and then froze.  Don't even get me started on iTunes.  I got so sick of having to buy whole albums just for one or two songs that I wanted to download, and so sick of having to solve logic puzzles just to navigate the site, I ditched iTunes all together.  Oh yeah, and iTunes refused to let me download music onto my phone because it was an unrecognized and untrusted device.

I am now a Spotify follower.  Spotify is everything iTunes isn't, available with out Wifi, easy to use, almost unlimited in terms of artists, and no annoying updates. 

Rant over  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 05:49:18 PM » Author: icefoglights
You may need to uninstall iTunes (and all the Apple support programs) and reinstall iTunes to get it to work.  Sometimes the files get corrupted and it can't find the phone.  Anyhow, if you are using current version of iTunes (12.7) you won't be able to load the ringtone to your phone anyway.  Apple removed support for syncing apps and ringtones from iTunes 12.7, so you will need to use 12.6.3 or older.

If you need to download 12.6.3, there is more information, and links here.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:20:58 PM by icefoglights » Logged

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Aaarrgh! TECHNOLOGY! « Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:46 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I never bothered with Apple gear, especially iPhones for this reason. I usually buy Samsung Galaxy phones since I'm familiar with Android.

I'm the same, a company that insisted that you use proprietary software wn't get my custom. >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies