Author Topic: Your lighting "bucket list"  (Read 56805 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #60 on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:18 AM » Author: Rommie
USA California
Ah, ok then, a bit far and the wrong voltage/frequency  :-\

I did see some US 1000W ballasts on eBay a while back, might be worth looking..?

Where in California, just out of interest..? I have friends in San Francisco and also San Diego, who are long overdue a visit, but finances don't permit right now  :(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbhead500w

View Posts
View Gallery
120 Volt/60 Hertz

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #61 on: September 22, 2018, 09:47:23 AM » Author: Bulbhead500w
Santa cruz
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #62 on: September 22, 2018, 09:54:23 AM » Author: Rommie
Santa cruz
Oooh, ok, I must have driven through there on my trip along the Pacific Coast Highway a few years ago, lovely part of the world  :)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Bulbhead500w

View Posts
View Gallery
120 Volt/60 Hertz

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #63 on: September 22, 2018, 09:57:12 AM » Author: Bulbhead500w
the bulb i want to power up is a GE HR1000A36 (H36 Ballast) i have heard of ballasts that will run both 1000W MH and 1000W MV will one work.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:00:32 AM by Bulbhead500w » Logged
Bulbhead500w

View Posts
View Gallery
120 Volt/60 Hertz

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #64 on: September 22, 2018, 10:08:36 AM » Author: Bulbhead500w
like this https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/70863/PLUSRITE-7274.html
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #65 on: September 22, 2018, 10:13:09 AM » Author: Rommie
That's a big ballast, this is my 1000W MV ballast, but certainly over here the ballasts for MH and MV are different, the lamps need a different operating voltage and current, so my ballast wouldn't run a MH lamp. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

I'm not over-keen on a lot of US ballasts I've seen, with all those sprouting wires, but I do like the numbering system. I've seen lamps with the ballast number printed on the packaging, that's a neat arrangement, we don't have anything like that here.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:47:46 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Bulbhead500w

View Posts
View Gallery
120 Volt/60 Hertz

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #66 on: September 22, 2018, 10:22:50 AM » Author: Bulbhead500w
is it really that big there both 4" to 5" height and width.
Bulbhead500w

View Posts
View Gallery
120 Volt/60 Hertz

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #67 on: September 22, 2018, 10:28:06 AM » Author: Bulbhead500w
this is the bulb
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #68 on: September 22, 2018, 11:34:15 AM » Author: Rommie
is it really that big there both 4" to 5" height and width.
Yes it's a big one, weighs in at just under 10kg, that's about 21lb in proper measurements..! It's not as big as some of the old Philips ones from the 1960's, though. I believe the 1000W MV ballasts were about a foot long  :o :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #69 on: September 22, 2018, 12:49:19 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yes it's a big one, weighs in at just under 10kg, that's about 21lb in proper measurements..! It's not as big as some of the old Philips ones from the 1960's, though. I believe the 1000W MV ballasts were about a foot long  :o :D
And James says that they are currently doing doorstop duty round the factory.  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #70 on: September 23, 2018, 12:44:45 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I live in the us and I don't particulary care for the "sprouting wires" either I personally have problems with them coming loose/breaking off of older otherwise good ballasts making them  scrap metal same for ballasts with "spade" terminals I like the terminal block your ballasts have better it makes for a much neater wiring job and doesn't seem to be as fragile as spade terminals or just wires

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LandryB

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #71 on: September 23, 2018, 02:58:06 PM » Author: LandryB
I wish I could obtain:

Westinghouse "Beauty Lite" 175 watt mercury lamp. 

Fully phosphored /C 100 watt mercury lamp.

GE "WDX" 175 watt mercury lamp.

Westinghouse "Style Tone" 100 and 175 watt mercury lamps, BT shaped.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #72 on: January 27, 2019, 04:22:07 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
My revised bucket list.

- 175W /C BT28 Mercury lamp (I have a /DX and Clear one... I really wanna run a /DX and /C 175 side by side... I also take a liking to the /C over the /DX... I have 400W ones but I simply cannot run those all the time...

- 18W or 35W SOX/LPS lamps and gear. I've never seen one in person and my curiosity is only growing more and more!!! I also want to build a fixture and or modify an existing fixture around an LPS lamp..

- 40W Cool Green, Growlux and  Black light (BL not BLB.. the non woods glass type) Fluorescent lamp pairs, I see these as the "Pastel" colors of fluorescent lamps and I have a particular fondness towards that, thanks to a certain awesome dude I'll soon be able to finally cross the cool greens off my list of wanted lamps!!!

- 1000W Mercury Vapor ballast to power my 1000W Sylvania/GTE lamp properly (and to build a fixture)

- 1500W Metal Halide ballast to power up my Musco 1500W stadium lamp (and build a fixture around it)

- 1000W Clear Mercury Vapor lamp, I love the clear mercury lamp, I'd like to see the power of a massive clear one! I already have a 1000W HPS I haven't seen any higher than 175W (clear) Mercury in person..

- Westinghouse Silverliner, and AEG stradasole.. I find the Stradasole to be a very interesting and attractive lantern, and the Silverliner to be a pretty nice looking lantern.. Both are items I'm very much interested in getting my hands on.

- Replacement NEMA tags for my ITT Model 13 and for my AEL Model 115.

- Drop lenses for my ITT Model 13 and AEL Model 115 preferably Glass (love glass!) but whatever I could get my hands on is fine!

- A neon sign of some sort.. Preferably some sort of novelty sign or like one of those neon lined clocks (ya'll know what I mean?) but I'd be fine with a neon open sign.... Just something neon! I love that stuff.

- Incandescent (or heck I'd take an LED one at this point)  Baricade Lights ... I've wanted one of these things since I was like two.... Every time I get close one way or another my plans are foiled ahh!!

- Neon Obstruction light, I've seen pictures of these... They look like massive neon CFL's within glass fresnel lenses (if my memory serves me correct) I'd like one of these to add to my collection.

- Neon and argon glow lamps.... Of all types shapes sizes.... Ahh neon I love the stuff. If I could live in a world entirely lit by the stuff to Narnia with the rest of it I'd jump right in.

-

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:31:33 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #73 on: January 27, 2019, 02:58:27 PM » Author: Lumex120
My revised bucket list.

- Replacement NEMA tags for my ITT Model 13 and for my AEL Model 115.

I sometimes have access to a computerized vinyl cutter that works great for making tags. If you want me to make some I could maybe do that.

Unofficial LG Discord

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #74 on: December 05, 2019, 06:48:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I would love to get hold of a 'beehive' neon lamp for Ria  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies