Author Topic: Your lighting "bucket list"  (Read 56809 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #90 on: October 08, 2020, 05:09:32 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
My updated list:

A linear SLI/H sodium lamp
        Update 23/12/19 Finally found one of these  ;D

A 10W and a 180W SOX lamp     Update 23/12/19 A 180W one is on its way ;D

A pearl glass 80W or 125W mercury vapour lamp

A beehive neon lamp

A 3-way incandescent lamp (they never took off in the UK)

A 5ft 80W BC-cap fluorescent tube

And probably a few more, but that's all I can currently think of  8)

There are some pearl MB/U lamps on eBay right now again.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #91 on: October 08, 2020, 10:35:11 AM » Author: HPS_250
My bucket list:

Westinghouse OV-25 “silverliner”
Shaded General Electric M-400A HPS fixture
Westinghouse Lifeguard /C
Westinghouse Lifeguard /X (both any wattage)
/Y yellow mercury vapor lamp
SLI/H linear sodium lamp
10w, 18w, 135w, 180w SOX lamp
Westinghouse Ceramalux 70w BT-25

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #92 on: October 08, 2020, 10:57:30 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
My bucket list:

Westinghouse OV-25 “silverliner”
Shaded General Electric M-400A HPS fixture
Westinghouse Lifeguard /C
Westinghouse Lifeguard /X (both any wattage)
/Y yellow mercury vapor lamp
SLI/H linear sodium lamp
10w, 18w, 135w, 180w SOX lamp
Westinghouse Ceramalux 70w BT-25

I know of some Westinghouse OV-25 silverliners near me, if I can save them, I'll give one to you.
As for a HPS GE M-400A, I know a person who can possibly hook you up with one.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #93 on: October 08, 2020, 11:53:40 AM » Author: HPS_250
I know of some Westinghouse OV-25 silverliners near me, if I can save them, I'll give one to you.
As for a HPS GE M-400A, I know a person who can possibly hook you up with one.

Thank you! If we meet up sometime, maybe we can exchange some lights if you can save those. There are some M-400As on a street behind my house that is currently being converted to LED, so I’m currently trying to save those.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #94 on: October 26, 2020, 03:54:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
My updated list as of 28/07/2020:

A 60W linear SLI/H sodium lamp

A pearl glass 80W or 125W mercury vapour lamp

A 5ft 80W BC-cap fluorescent tube

An MAT/V medium pressure mercury tungsten-ballasted lamp (missed out on one in an eBay auction not long ago  :'()

A genuine ballast for our 10W SOX lamp, also one for our 200W GEC SLI/H.

It's been a successful week for lampses:
We can scratch the 5ft BC tube of our list, it was like waiting for a bus. We waited ages for one, then three come along  :lol:
Also we now have a pearl MB/U lamp in our collection  :mv:
And thanks to a fellow collector we have the proper fitting for a 10W SOX lamp.  :lps: Though we have had it for a while now.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #95 on: October 27, 2020, 01:08:52 AM » Author: tolivac
Color MH lamps-they are expensive and hard to come by.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #96 on: October 28, 2020, 06:06:49 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Color MH lamps-they are expensive and hard to come by.
We have three of them in our collection.  :bulbman:

A whole street lit by them in different colours would be a wonderful sight at Christmas.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #97 on: October 28, 2020, 06:34:34 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am thinking I might also want some 125w SLI/H lamps in my collection so that I can retrofit a 2 foot fluorescent fixture to LPS.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #98 on: October 28, 2020, 06:37:30 PM » Author: Rommie
No such thing as a 125W SLI/H. 140W is the nearest to that. Easiest lamp to ballast, at least on 240V, as it runs from a 90W SOX leak transformer. And they're the same size as the 200W, 3ft long.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #99 on: October 28, 2020, 06:41:38 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
No such thing as a 125W SLI/H. 140W is the nearest to that. Easiest lamp to ballast, at least on 240V, as it runs from a 90W SOX leak transformer. And they're the same size as the 200W, 3ft long.

Actually, sailormoon_01_uk knows of such a lamp and those are 2 feet long and were made by GEC.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #100 on: October 28, 2020, 06:42:58 PM » Author: Rommie
Well I've never heard of it, would be interested to see a link to one.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #101 on: October 28, 2020, 06:46:23 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Here is what Colin Grimes quotes about 125w SLI/H lamps:

“The most Rarer Sli/H Lamps I know of are the GEC 125 watt which was 2ft long, 175 (the same length as the 140/160/200w sizes) and 310 watt ratings which was 5ft long, and the Airfield/Runway Lighting Version of the 60 and 200w SLI/H lamps for some SLI/H Lamp james hooker has see HERE.”

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #102 on: October 28, 2020, 06:47:09 PM » Author: Rommie
Hmmm, ok well I'll take your word for it. Best of luck finding one, though.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #103 on: October 29, 2020, 07:44:45 AM » Author: funkybulb

Here my wish list

2000 watt Mercury

6 Foot pop pack

Pair of gamma 6

5 foot BC 80 watt fluorescent

90 watt Sox ballast ( have the lamps but no ballast)

Old VHO gas station light

16 watt 2D  in Green, Bue, peach, and lemon

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your lighting "bucket list" « Reply #104 on: October 30, 2020, 01:30:21 AM » Author: tolivac
Good thought for the color MH lights-use them at Christmas-I had the same thought-The only source I see for these bulbs is Venture Lighting-they make them only on special order.70,150W DE,400W,1000W Probe start.Magenta,Blue,yellow,green.Venture says on their website the lamps were used mostly for custom outdoor lighting for resorts and places in Los Vegas.The color lamps are no longer listed in their printed catalogs or websites.You had to special order them.Any other sources I don't know of.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies