Author Topic: Some of Carmel hospital emergency generators  (Read 2275 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Some of Carmel hospital emergency generators « on: October 19, 2014, 06:22:40 AM » Author: dor123

These generators located after the stock ramps. The large one, supply power to the corridor of the storage of Carmel hospital and locations nearby during power interruption.
When it is operating, its diesel motor, produces a 100hz frequency noise.
It is tested at sunday from 6:00-6:30 at the morning.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Some of Carmel hospital emergency generators « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:52:37 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
Any idea what kind of motors these are running? Here in North America two-stroke Detroit Diesel engines are popular for generators, since they can go from not running to running at full RPM in less than two seconds, which is critical for an application like a hospital. They're extremely heavy duty engines, so such a brutal start-up doesn't faze them much.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of Carmel hospital emergency generators « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 01:29:38 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Most modern generators tend to run CAT and Cummins Diesels. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Some of Carmel hospital emergency generators « Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:46 AM » Author: dor123
They uses diesel motors. But there are no any technical information on them.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Some of Carmel hospital emergency generators « Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 05:24:46 AM » Author: tolivac
Gensets:I am a new member-just joined.I am also a member of the vacuum cleaner and appliance sites.At the gov't Short wave broadcast site I work at they have a Caterpillar 3816 4160V genset-1.8Mw cont-2.2 pk.Out generator is used for load management and for emergency standby.If the plant loses power the genset will start and take up the site load.The plant I work at is part of the VOA-it broadcasts to Cuba,South America,and Africa.When we use the generator we have to reduce transmitter power or the genset will trip off.The plant is fed from Duke power-9 MVA 4160V 3Ph substation.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies