Author Topic: Which manufacturer?  (Read 2152 times)
Aeroform
Which manufacturer? « on: November 04, 2014, 03:30:23 PM » Author: Aeroform
Hi, I'm new here and I come from Switzerland, the Zurich Oberland.

Since I new to the area "lamps" am still, I have a question: I have photographed this lamp in the village "Wald", and I have found despite search here in the forum is no comparable model. In nature a bit like a Belamg-polyfix, just square instead of round. Does anyone know of this type and manufacturer?

Sorry for my bad english is just translated with google ...

Thanks and greetings Aeroform
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 03:47:56 PM by Aeroform » Logged
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which manufacturer? « Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 05:03:40 PM » Author: Michael
Hi Aeroform,

The pictured lantern is in fact a Polymix 5/15*. This lantern range was introduced firsty by Alumag AG in the 1960's. Most of them you'll find today on our streets are the later types distributed by  Alumag-Belmag AG. Many different sizes were available throughout the years with a great number of combinations of lamp types and wattages but sadly most of them do not exist anymore at our streets. Personally I would be interested for an example with low pressure Sodium lamps. Those were many used around Zurich on mainroads. Maybe I shall ask someone from EKZ?

Cheers Michael

Hi, I'm new here and I come from Switzerland, the Zurich Oberland.

Since I new to the area "lamps" am still, I have a question: I have photographed this lamp in the village "Wald", and I have found despite search here in the forum is no comparable model. In nature a bit like a Belamg-polyfix, just square instead of round. Does anyone know of this type and manufacturer?

Sorry for my bad english is just translated with google ...

Thanks and greetings Aeroform
Aeroform
Re: Which manufacturer? « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:39:59 PM » Author: Aeroform
Hey Michael,

thanks for the informations, I was not even so wrong...

So far as I know are the polymix pictured 5/15 * in the jurisdictional area of the "EW Wald", where perhaps ask.my knowledge, these are the last 5/15 *, but it still has some Polymix in and around Zurich/Oberland. Generell it has in this environment much more interesting, following a couple of pictures, all within about 5 minutes:

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which manufacturer? « Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 04:24:46 PM » Author: Michael
Hi Aeroform,

Nice to see some streetscenes still lit by these old fixtures. Especialy in Kt. Zurich.

The fixture in the lower picture is a Belmag AG AEROPLAST. Here with only one fluorescent tube equipped. Nice lantern indeed! I have a couple of these in my collection as we had them in use here in solothurn a while ago.

See in my Albums. There you will find more informations about the Aeroplast  8)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies