Author Topic: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here  (Read 5845 times)
Liam

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 03:42:56 PM » Author: Liam
confuses me too. ???

My gallery http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11495

Kev

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 04:12:45 PM » Author: Kev
Yep that's true he collects old lanterns but wants all the good stuff ripped out for LED. He spends far too much time on CREE's website!
 He needs to shut up as when the bulk change and clean guys are out of a job I doubt he will be giving them hand outs!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

Kev

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 05:01:12 PM » Author: Kev
I do think this is a different simon tho!

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #18 on: November 15, 2014, 12:12:54 AM » Author: dor123
Probaby Patrik suspended this troll, but didn't deleted his account.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

EU-Commission
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #19 on: November 15, 2014, 07:10:00 AM » Author: EU-Commission
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your comments, my apologies, I have been busy.

I'm not Simon Cornwell, However I do have the Same maiden name. The E-mail Address is Missing a Letter S as when it was set up a few years ago, it was 1 character too long.

Yes lamps containing mercury and lamps that have poor CRI and Colour rendering, for instance SOX lamps are to be Phased out. We wont be able to Ban SOX lamps due to so many being in private use, but we do recommend that SOX lamps are changed for a Healthier and cleaner white Light, 

LEDs are the most Efficient light Source on the Market at the minute, they are much cheaper to Run than say MERCURY, SON, SOX and Filament lighting.

Here at the EU we wish to Enforce laws that will make the Sale of Any Fluorescent lamps and other lamps that contain Mercury and Dangerous Phosphors to be banned.

Also the European Union is working Closely with the Israeli Government and Councils to convert Israel's Street lighting to LED

Regards,

Simon N.
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 12:04:00 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
sounds like a troll.
stop feeding it.
DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 03:27:14 PM » Author: DaveMan
Admin here. Simon, This is a site for lighting collectors who like all kinds of technology. People come here to show off the lights in their collections and will keep what they prefer. Just about everything on this site that is owned by someone posting is in private use unless otherwise stated. This is not a site for people like you to come in and attempt to efficiency police private collectors. I would like to ask you to respect people's private collections. Thank you.

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 03:40:19 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Troll or not,

but Simons output is not exactly what I would expect from people working in EU. Also, why would someone from EU use free mail.com email adress If he intends to spread the joy of leds to people (perhaps the reason for misspelling of commission in email is because of safety feature on mail.com that prevents making false email adress and pretend to be from a company or government etc?) In internet, anyone can try to pretend to be anything.

To the folks in LG, remember that we dont know who this guy actually is. We only know what he tells us he is. Other than that we have not yet have any proof about his connections to EU.

And what comes to his claims. EU has many more severe problems that needs more urgent solving than what comes to banning of lamps. IMO more resources should be directed to solve these problems first and only after that they could focus thinking smaller things like this. To me, banning lamps from collections and stock allready manufactured is same thing as making illegal to own a car that is older than 20 years because it does not comply with current emission laws? Sounds like a law that is impossible to enforce.

To sum things up I think this Simon guy is most like not from EU unless he is able to provide futher proof about it.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 03:43:13 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
I never noticed the email address. That is indeed very fishy. I suspect "Simon" is not from the EU at all; perhaps rather a disgruntled member trying to raise heck...?

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 08:24:17 AM » Author: dor123
He uploaded several pictures, and from them, this looks like that he is simply fan of the modern LED lighting and not an EU member, and behaves like I was behaved when I joined here (In the past I loved T5 and electronic ballasts over T12 and magnetic ballasts, until I understood that electronic ballasts tends to last shorter than magnetic ballast and T5 to last shorter than T12).

Edit: It looks like his pictures have description that written like a product placement.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:27:27 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Luminaire

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 06:22:59 PM » Author: Luminaire
Hello dor123,

I am very sorry you feel this way, I can assure you that I am not here to upset people or cause a nuisance.  I am here only here on Behalf of the European Union. I  was just trying to advise you that the lamps you use in your hostel are in efficient and I would recommend changing them to a more economical Light Source,  I have not said anything of an offensive content and I will not. Nor have I done anything against the forum rules. I am unsure why you have reported me. Here at the EU in Brussels we are working on new laws regarding minimum efficiencies for lighting and lamps. However this does not Apply to people outside of the European Union and  By 2015 we want to see a law where any Mercury Lamps  and luminaries that are deemed as In Efficient will be banned and large stocks of obsolete or banned lamps will be illegal to store due to Mercury Content and will have to be recycled under WEEE regs. Weather it be stocks of lamps or fittings for spares or personal use and collections.

Regards,

Simon.  
Maybe you're an independent grassroots lobbyist. I don't think you are representing within their official power. Normally I do not nitpick someone for writing errors, but someone writing on behalf of an official organization normally follows professional expectations that every thing is proof read and make sure its perfect like press release and your email address is not European Union official domain.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 07:26:24 PM » Author: Patrick
FYI, we have banned EU-Commission from logging into the site.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 04:09:30 AM » Author: Medved
That's good, Its a bit odd that he would join LG just to tell us our collections are bad/illegal when they are not

He was just a troll, nothing else...

No more selfballasted c***

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 01:29:54 PM » Author: DieselNut
Thank you Patrick.  Wise move! We appreciate that!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Kappa7

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 07:01:40 AM » Author: Kappa7
That's good, Its a bit odd that he would join LG just to tell us our collections are bad/illegal when they are not

He was just a troll, nothing else...

I quote, he was just a troll.
And please, don't believe to all these (...), it's better to search directly on the official pages for these info. For example it's not true that magnetic ballasts will be banned, but their efficiency requirement will be raised in 2017 with a new calculation formula.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies