Author Topic: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here  (Read 5940 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « on: November 13, 2014, 01:11:55 AM » Author: dor123
By a user called "EU-Commission"
Message content:

Subject: "EU Directive"
Content: "Hello my name is simon I work for the EU I am here to promote use of high efficiency lighting as I have an interest in lighting."

In short terms, he joined here only to promote the ugly modern lighting (CFL, T5, HF and LED) and the regulations of the EU lamp/ballast/tube bans on us.

His message already reported to the administrators.

dor123.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

EU-Commission
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:26:22 AM » Author: EU-Commission
Hello dor123,

I am very sorry you feel this way, I can assure you that I am not here to upset people or cause a nuisance.  I am here only here on Behalf of the European Union. I  was just trying to advise you that the lamps you use in your hostel are in efficient and I would recommend changing them to a more economical Light Source,  I have not said anything of an offensive content and I will not. Nor have I done anything against the forum rules. I am unsure why you have reported me. Here at the EU in Brussels we are working on new laws regarding minimum efficiencies for lighting and lamps. However this does not Apply to people outside of the European Union and  By 2015 we want to see a law where any Mercury Lamps  and luminaries that are deemed as In Efficient will be banned and large stocks of obsolete or banned lamps will be illegal to store due to Mercury Content and will have to be recycled under WEEE regs. Weather it be stocks of lamps or fittings for spares or personal use and collections.

Regards,

Simon.  

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:45:00 AM by EU-Commission » Logged
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:14 AM » Author: funkybulb
I

I hate To Say this EU commision, where can u show
Proof where it say mercury containing lamp
Will be illegal to hold mercury containing lamps?
Those mercury containing Hid lamp by General Electric
Is made in EU, and all of our MH pulse start american
Ballast run them. And two reason people are collecting
Lamps is to archive for historical purpose. If The EU remove there collection it mean future generation
Wont know what lighting is like in the past. So please
Stop telling people on Lighting gallery how to manage
Our collection. U are dealing with at least 50 percemt
Americans by majority. I have some LED in my collection as well mostly solar yard lights. and some
A shape Osram led in use  i burn 24/7 as night light
Just let people here decide for them self ,dont be a dictator here my 2 cent worth

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

FrontSideBus

View Posts
View Gallery

FrontSideBus
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 06:12:40 PM » Author: FrontSideBus
I can smell something :)

Bulbs are for planting: Lamps are for lighting!
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11271

Liam

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 06:44:18 PM » Author: Liam
Is Mercury Lamps definitely getting Banned in 2015?

My gallery http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11495

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 08:36:04 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
This is very disturbing news. I have been extremely offended by what Simon has said about the future of our beloved lights. If Simon wants to promote Hi-Efficiency LED's, he can do so elsewhere. I suggest the EOLED forums.

I think I once read in the Rulebook that anybody who uses the "I-word" or the "O-word" would be banned immediately?

Just my 2 cents worth.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:40:21 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
Liam

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 08:50:26 PM » Author: Liam
I've heard about that Simon Cornwell getting all the councils to change over to LED  >:(

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 08:58:54 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Simon Cornwell can go fall off a cliff lit by LED's...

:mv: :a_fluor: :mv: :a_starter: :mv:
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 11:19:11 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen here so far. Who are you to go on a (vintage) lighting forum, and pick on a single member telling him his lighting is wrong? Who's business is that other than his? By that logic Jay Leno should have authorities at his door telling him to give up his car collection because they don't pass emissions.

Someone get this clown out of here.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 12:35:06 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
THANK GOD YOU SAID THAT!!! I couldn't have said it better myself! I'll worry myself sick thinking that they'll take my PRIVATE COLLECTION away!
Kev

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 02:39:18 AM » Author: Kev
Simon Cornwall is a complete and utter tool, he reads crap on different manufactures websites, takes it all as gossball then starts emailing councils a load of crap and helps them get finding for mass conversions. Truth be told the guy has probably never been in a cherry picker of any kind in his life so IMO has no idea what he's on about! 

Voted to leave the EU and proud! 👉🏻🇪🇺🇬🇧

DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 03:06:40 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
If Simon likes LED lighting and wants to promote it, then that is his choice.
However, banning lamps is not a solution to anything.

Also worth mentioning is that LED lighting is not the clean solution that it is advertised as. The manufacturing of the electronic circuit boards and components creates many times more waste and pollution than the manufacture of many other lighting technologies.
Incandescent bulbs are actually a very clean technology - the production of the electricity to power them needs to be cleaned up. With solar, wind, water, geothermal, and biomass energies available, there is no need for coal or nuclear energy.

Also remember, the sun is an incandescent light source, so the only way to get light that is the same quality as sunlight is with an incandescent source.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

Liam

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 02:24:15 PM » Author: Liam
@Beta5 Yea he is a collector i think, but he likes pushing the council for the new LED scheme as Kev says.

FrontSideBus

View Posts
View Gallery

FrontSideBus
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 02:31:09 PM » Author: FrontSideBus
Probably getting massive kickbacks from the manufacturers...

Bulbs are for planting: Lamps are for lighting!
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11271

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: I've received a PM from an EU promoter that wants to promote LED lighting here « Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 02:58:15 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
so someone who likes lanterns and SOX but wants to kill them off from our streets by making councils use LED?

That confuses me, as well.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies