Author Topic: Cool music  (Read 6742 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 01:45:42 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I like Coldplay too!
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Cool music « Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 04:06:19 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Cool, TheMaritimeMan  8) I've just only discovered ICP on YouTube about a year ago  :D they're kinda wacky aren't they  ???

Coldplay is the best band up to date, ace100w120v  :) got their albums including Parachutes (2000), Viva La Vida (2008) and I've got their recent album (Ghost Stories)
^this recent album sounds much different to their previous albums

Must check out Loggins and Messina too. What type of music do they play  :)

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 09:08:37 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
There's a little story behind my interest in Loggins and Messina. This past summer, June 11-15, 2014, my dad and I went to Cleveland, OH for my very first Vacuum Cleaner Collectors' Club Convention. Right after we passed Cincinnati, my dad put in the album Full Sail. We listened to that all the way to Cleveland, and the music made a huge impact on my (great) memories of the trip. Full Sail is officially "Yacht Rock."

Me leaving the Convention --->  :'(
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 06:20:00 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hiya

Sounds like you had some fun and relaxing time on your trip during summer

This summer I went to Liverpool, England for 2 nights And then to Melrose, Edinburgh and Galashiels for 2 nights too with my parents and cousin with his wife. It was so fun, I saw some interesting lanterns and also I listened to bands such as Guns N Roses on my iPod during the long motorway drives.

Me leaving Liverpool and Scotland  :-[  but I've enjoyed it  :)

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 09:36:29 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I listen to a lot of Fuel, Seether, etc. as well. Also stuff like Katy Perry, etc. as well. 
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 09:48:57 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I just got through listening to Nilesdance and Graysondance. These songs are literally the brothers of Havendance which is what we played at the spring concert in band last year.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 10:20:15 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I also listen to a lot of 60s-90s rock, and 90s alternative/grunge. 
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 04:36:32 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Btw how's your high school band going on   :) has it resumed after the sports event

Never heard of these brass pieces at all and I don't think they are well known in England (I think I could be wrong)  my dad likes to listen to brass music as well as Jazz and popular music in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s

Rock music in the 60s and 90s were absolutely amazing. Which artists/bands do you listen to that are from 90s alternative/grunge music

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 09:00:44 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Yes, we just got done playing the Christmas concert.
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 10:16:50 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Cool, well done  :) what pieces/Xmas pieces did you play  ;) @TheUniversalDave1

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 05:21:39 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Well I'm a bit of an eclectic guy too, I sometimes listen to music of whatever genre, which I think its well made, interesting, exciting etc.

May as well check out Tears and Fears  :) as what I see from your comment  :)

streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: Cool music « Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 07:01:25 PM » Author: streetlight98
I listen to mostly rock, metal, and alternative rock/metal.

Some of my favorite bands include: Avenged Sevenfold, Boston, Chevelle, Fear Factory, Incubus, Metallica, Mudvayne, and System of a Down.

I also listen to AC/DC, Alice In Chains, the Beatles, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Nickelback, Nirvanna, Ozzy Osbourne (and Black Sabbath), Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Staind, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, Three Days Grace, 3 Doors Down, U2, and others.

I listen almost exclusively to rock/metal, but I can tolerate hop-hop/pop/rap and whatever else the rest of generation listens to. I do not like country or classical music (any music genre without song lyrics). I like songs that tell a story or have some sort of meaning I can relate to, so that rules out most of the music that most of my generation listens to lol.

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Cool music « Reply #27 on: January 04, 2015, 06:42:36 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I like a bunch of different styles of music.. everything from: Rock/Metal, to Pop, to Club/Dance, to Country.
My CD player could easily be playing something like Judas Priest then the next CD up is totally different & un-related like Lady GaGa, then maybe some Garth Brooks...
I can't stand classical or opera, or most slow-mellow stuff. And don't care for anything thats so old its not in stereo.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cool music « Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:23 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I got it! One of my favorite albums of all time! Listening to it right now, it brings back fond memories of the Vacuum Cleaner Collectors' Club Convention.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:20:13 PM by TheUniversalDave1 » Logged
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Cool music « Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 06:53:31 PM » Author: LampLover
I like mostly freestyle and house (Dance music), and Alternative Rock
Such as Three Doors Down (Wish they would put out a new album already):) and GreenDay (Pre American Idiot though), Disturbed, Maroon 5 , Alice Cooper and some others
I sometime like country music
but I don't tolerate Rap or Hip-Hop
I do like the older hip-hop & Rap though as long as every other word is not a naughty one or a disrespectful against a particular race or gender

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies