Author Topic: New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K?  (Read 2148 times)
bryantm3

View Posts
View Gallery

New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K? « on: December 28, 2014, 09:47:36 AM » Author: bryantm3
alpharetta, a suburb of atlanta, is putting together a new downtown area, and they just finished installing the new lampposts. the odd thing is, the colour temperature is 2700K, maybe 3000K, just like incandescent bulbs. it looks quite surreal, it reminds me of movies that take place in the 20s, 30s, and 40s, when they show carnivals lit up at night. the light output, however, is very bright— these are definitely not CFLs or equivalent, they appear to be some type of high-intensity lights. i haven't a clue what they could be. i am a fan of cooler coloured lights, so i'm not particularly fond of them, but those who like incandescents might get a kick out of them. anyone know what these could be?
Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K? « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:02:41 AM » Author: Alights
ceramic metal halide probably
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K? « Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 10:05:00 AM » Author: dor123
Either 2800-3000K ceramic metal halide or 2700-3000K LED lanterns. There are LED lanterns in the market, that puts much more light on the ground then HPS and MH lanterns. I've seen such an installation (But of 6500K), at an intercity road: http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-99237

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

cedup
Re: New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K? « Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:37:44 AM » Author: cedup
alpharetta, a suburb of atlanta, is putting together a new downtown area, and they just finished installing the new lampposts. the odd thing is, the colour temperature is 2700K, maybe 3000K, just like incandescent bulbs. it looks quite surreal, it reminds me of movies that take place in the 20s, 30s, and 40s, when they show carnivals lit up at night. the light output, however, is very bright— these are definitely not CFLs or equivalent, they appear to be some type of high-intensity lights. i haven't a clue what they could be. i am a fan of cooler coloured lights, so i'm not particularly fond of them, but those who like incandescents might get a kick out of them. anyone know what these could be?
LED, or Philips QL induction?
cedup
Re: New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K? « Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 09:39:47 AM » Author: cedup
LED, or Philips QL induction?
Or Philips WHITE SON HPS. ...whick look like incandescents
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K? « Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:32:52 PM » Author: lights*plus
Without a diffraction grating (or a cd, or prism), you can't be sure. You need to see the spectrum. Or you can ask a city official or the workers.

But if Alpharetta is considered as the "Technology City of the South" (www.alpharetta.ga.us), then it's most likely ceramic metal halide.. Or if TRULY a techno city, 2700K LED!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:34:25 PM by lights*plus » Logged
mbulb146

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New lights in Downtown Alpharetta— 2700K? « Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 08:45:23 PM » Author: mbulb146
Watch one at dusk.  If it comes on instantly (or in a few seconds) to full brightness, then it's an LED fixture.  If they take a few minutes to warm up, then it is MH.

Matt
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies