Author Topic: What kind of cell phone do you use?  (Read 80588 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #60 on: May 27, 2015, 11:10:50 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I just hang up.  The way to tell it's a robo-call is that there's always dead air for a few seconds first before the recording kicks in or they start their spiel.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #61 on: May 27, 2015, 04:28:33 PM » Author: Ash
A while back i had a call from human solicitor, the call was funny actually, especially for the computer & ITists among us...

Representative "Hello, we call regarding the problem with your internet connection"

Ash "What is the problem ?"

R "We see that you are over-paying and we contact you to resolve the issue ASAP"

A "So what happened ?"

R "You pay a high monthly fee and we have a better package now"

A "What are the differences vs. the current one"

R "We offer 100Mb for XX ILS"

A "But it is more than i pay right now...."

R "How much do you pay now ?"

A "Check in my customer account"

R "Depends on your ISP. Who is your ISP ?"

A "Who is the ISP you represent ?"

R "Netvision, the most economical ISP"

A "I challenge this. I have 15Mb from Bezeq International. How much cost 15Mb with you ?"

R "xx ILS"

A "not different from what i am paying now. So what are your advantages over Bezeq ?"

R "Here you get full antivirus protection for internet and email"

A "I dont need any antivirus protection"

R "Everyone needs antivirus nowadays, otherwise your computer is at risk"

A "I am secure on my side, dont need any additional protections from the ISP"

R "You should get additional protection, single layer is not enough"

A "I am more concerned about OS support"

R "We support all OS, if for example you have Windows Me we can instruct you step by step how to configure your connection in Windows Me"

A "Do you support Linux & BSD ?"

R "We support all OS including obsolete versions"

A "I need reliable support of recent systems with up to date Linux & BSD"

R "If you have recent computer it is running Windows 7 or 8"

A "I am an IT and i work with Unix like systems"

*music with "please hold" recodring playing*

Another Representative : "Hello talking rep X how can i help you ?"

A : "I am finding out about your services as a potential future customer. What is your level of support for Linux & BSD ?"

R : "We support Ubuntu"

A : "Any other systems ?"

R : "Supported"

A : "Is that in the contract ?"

R : "We dont specify OS in the contract"

A : "So, me paying for service is set in the contract, me receiving service for the OS i come with is not ? What guarantees that you have support not now but when i call to get support ?"

R : "Go check, there is support"

A : "I will. Anyhow, if ever i choose you as ISP i will contact you. Please dont contact me again with offers"

R : "Okay"

A : "Bye"

Next day :

R (i recognize by voice it is the 1st one) : "Hello, we are regarding the problem with your internet. Do you want the economy deal ?"

A : "Hey. Yesterday i asked to update that i dont want to get any further offer calls from your company"

R : "This is not an offer call, we are trying to help you"

A : "You are offering me a deal, so it is an offer call"

R : "You are talking to customer service, we call you to continue resolving the problem with your internet connection"

A : "You didn't respect my requests as a potential future customer, what sort of respect to requests can i expect if i become an actual customer ? Please dont call me again"

*they hanged up*

2..3 days later :

R : "Hello, we are from Netvision and we want to offer...."

A : "Third time ice cream. This call ends now or continues in court, your choice" *

*they hanged up* - didnt call again since

* "Third time ice cream"

An Israeli thing. Its meaning is "you did it again 3rd time, now you owe me an ice cream"

Tribute goes to the Brits. Back in the 40's Israel was under British government. They sometimes did control movement in and out of towns, and even at times when "control" means inspection only (but letting people in or out), the cops were not happy with somebody who goes in and out repeatedly. Due to no law or order actually forbidding this, they could not take any action anyway. They did however warn that "If i see you third time i will scream", that eventually became "third time i scream"
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #62 on: May 27, 2015, 08:31:30 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Some of those solicitors don't know what they're talking about at times.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #63 on: May 30, 2015, 07:58:22 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Ash, your story is hilarious! (to me anyway, I wasn't in your position).  Do you guys have some sort of a "Do not call" list in Israel? We do here.  Granted, sometimes, I swear they call you anyway.
Another reason to get rid of a landline phone if your house gets good cell reception! (telemarketers) (Mine gets no cell reception so I'm stuck with a landline LOL).
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #64 on: May 30, 2015, 10:31:45 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I get only one bar when standing out in front of the house and there's an atnt tower a half mile away.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #65 on: May 30, 2015, 10:46:51 PM » Author: ace100w120v
How about indoors?
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #66 on: May 30, 2015, 10:57:52 PM » Author: Solanaceae
About the same, but I get three in my room and one on the wifi. I wish my wifi was the one with external antennas, so I could try those kipkay hacks I saw on you tube.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #67 on: June 02, 2015, 12:59:05 AM » Author: icefoglights
Since they finally released a belt clip for it, I gave in and replaced my Otter Box with a Lifeproof.  It's slimmer and fits better, and is waterproof.  It has only two down sides that I've seen.  First is that it goes in the belt clip screen-side out, instead of screen-side in, so I have to remember to lock the phone before clipping it.  Second is the connection port.  It was made just big enough for the original Apple USB-to-lightning cable.  Most aftermarket cables have bulkier plugs that won't fit through the opening.  Strangest incompatibility is the Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter cable I have to use to connect it to the stereo in my little car.  Even though it's made by Apple, the plug is larger, and won't fit.  My work-around for that for now is using an old 3rd generation iPod nano, the newest version of the nano that's fully supported by that stereo.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #68 on: June 02, 2015, 01:32:45 AM » Author: ace100w120v
Does your Nano have the built in FM radio? If so how's the reception in your opinion?
What's your overall opinion of the Fairbanks radio market? I think there's some GREAT sounding stations up there.  Not as jammed of a dial as places like Anchorage, or where I lived in Atascadero, CA but still sounds really good!
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #69 on: June 02, 2015, 04:06:18 AM » Author: icefoglights
That version doesn't have the FM tuner.  It's the 3rd generation awkward looking short wide version of the nano.  My favorite nano was the 2nd generation, which I still have, but 4GB just doesn't cut it.  I also have a 7th gen, but never used the FM radio on it.  The 3rd gen is the best for that car because it's the newest and largest nano that can be charged from 12v (even though 8GB barely cuts it now).  4th generation and newer only charge off 5v.  The car stereo only provides 12v to the iPod plug.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #70 on: June 03, 2015, 07:22:33 PM » Author: Solanaceae
My sister got a nano a while back. I don't know what happened to it, but I'm pretty sure it had an FM tuner.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #71 on: June 03, 2015, 07:51:46 PM » Author: ace100w120v
So it plugs into the car stereo but doesn't play through it? That's silly IMO...
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #72 on: June 03, 2015, 08:43:58 PM » Author: Solanaceae
My mom and sisters car have a built in USB that charges phones and allows you to play music.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #73 on: June 04, 2015, 08:13:23 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Ah okay.  It's nice to be able to play your "own" music in the car.  No commercials, changing radio stations, and you (theoretically) like every song.  But, that being said, I'm more of a radio listener.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #74 on: June 04, 2015, 08:17:34 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Yeah, it's kind of exciting to guess which songs you think will come up and then a good song rolls around every so often. It gets boring when you listen to the same songs repeatedly on your iPod since you'll just repeat the playlist a lot.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies