Author Topic: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs....  (Read 3034 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « on: September 21, 2007, 07:18:22 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I have seen plenty of movies with goofs, or had wrong lamps, or not even correct wiring or whatever.....sometimes it bothers me, while other times it's fun to look for the goofs!

Example.....I watched a movie called "Hair Spray" it's a cool movie actually....it is supposed to take place in Baltimore, MD in 1964, but its cheaper to film in Canada, so it was filmed in Canada, which in a way was a good thing since there were all gumballs there.....but the S-shaped arms wouldn't correct...and good chance gumballs on braced S shaped poles on wooden poles.....

But they did great with other indoor lights, which some I had memories in from the 80s......They indeed showed some halfpipers in that movie, some open fluorescents with 3 or 4 lamps, those direct cone shaped lights on window display areas and seen from outside, and some sorts....

But I also saw only ONE scene that had more modern cobraheads........

But in overall, they did great job with lighting in that movie!!!

Anyone have anything to share in what you guys saw in mistakes and/or what they did good job in lighting for the time taken place in comparable of what they used on when it was filmed?

Hairspray takes place of 1963 in Baltimore but was filmed in Canada in 2006-2007 released in 2007....

This post to share about movies and the lighting in background! Have fun, I bet this will be a long topic since there's so many movies!!! It doesn't matter if its about lightbulbs, fixtures, streetlights, neon signs, as long its related to lighting! I'll be shocked if there was a movie that took place in 1850 and there was a HPS cobrahead in the background....I'll go nuts! Oh you may included if there was a wrong lamp brands or make or model in a store aisle, like CFLs in a movie that takes place in 1950's or Modern Alto's Philips in a hardware store in movie that takes place in 1980s LOL!!! Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 07:22:31 PM by TudorWhiz » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

jercar954

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 01:38:51 AM » Author: jercar954
If you want to see a movie with some cool, preheat halfpipers, rent "Earth vs. Flying Saucers." (1957)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:45:00 AM by TudorWhiz » Logged

Preheat and T-12 fluorescents forever! Down with LED's and instant start T-8 fluorescents.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:51:43 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
If you guys want.......TV shows are included to be in this post too!  :P

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:16:24 AM » Author: sparkie
I used to watch Home Improvement (Tim Allen) when it was on Disney channel... I remember one episode where they build a 'man's bedroom' which included a light over the bed which is remote controlled. When they switch it on, it fllashes like a preheat and therefore it must have been a REAL fixture built into the set, unlike the lights in Tim's garage.

I have this on video somewhere.. if I find it I'll upload a clip onto Utube.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 08:44:00 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Home Improvement in Disney Channel???? Never seen that......but Home Improvement just recently started showing in Nick at Nite channel...I watch it every night....

I do not think it is legal to post TV shows on youtube plus I saw a message before upload on youtube saying you can't include concerts, tv hows, or anything without permission....

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 10:45:23 AM » Author: sparkie
You are right it is not legal to post whole TV shows on UTB, but clips or excerpts are not a problem so long as they are less than 10 minutes in length or otherwise a tiny fraction of the original show's full length. The same goes for music, only a short duration of any song can be used. 

Not that many UTB users take any notice of (C) rules - there are thousands of full shows, music videos and concert recordings on the site! Type in the name of any well known TV programme and you will get loads of clips as well as full length episodes divided up into sections to get over the 10 minute limit..... No one can get prosecuted because you don't have to give your real name or address when signing up, and all the site can do is remove such videos if users flag them up, which most users don't.

I might add at this point that I stick within the rules, and do not upload any more than a few minutes of a show- and in the case of my disco light videos I only use 1 minute of each song to avoid copyright problems!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 10:50:00 AM by sparkie » Logged
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 04:21:26 PM » Author: NiMo
In "The Shawshank Redemption" while Red is out on parole, as we see him walking through the town past the pawn shop. look up behind his head because you'll see AE 125s there and this is supposed to be 1967 or so.

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 06:33:07 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Apollo 13, filmed in 1995.....

The part when they were turning on lights while stuck in space, one light was shown close up and you could see inside was a PL lamp and turned on in preheat......But last I checked....PL lamps didn't exist in 1970.....

jercar954

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Movie streetlight or lamp or general light goofs.... « Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 05:32:17 PM » Author: jercar954
Apollo 13, filmed in 1995.....

The part when they were turning on lights while stuck in space, one light was shown close up and you could see inside was a PL lamp and turned on in preheat......But last I checked....PL lamps didn't exist in 1970.....

PL lamps were introduced by Philleeeps in 1979 under the Norelco brand name.

Preheat and T-12 fluorescents forever! Down with LED's and instant start T-8 fluorescents.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies