Author Topic: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video  (Read 6686 times)
arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « on: September 25, 2007, 10:41:01 PM » Author: arcblue
Here is a video from the City of Seattle's TV channel with some great footage of the streetlighting crews installing a fixture, testing a new lamp, cleaning a lens, and driving around in one of the bucket trucks.
Notice that they report the lamps last from "two to five years" on average - a claim to the poor quality of currently manufactured HPS lamps (SCL seems to favor Philips [Alto] and Sylvania lamps).

I'm lampin...

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 10:48:31 PM » Author: arcblue
And in case you need a laugh after that, check out their video on Compact Fluorescent Lamps : "Twist and Save." See people use spiral CFL's in all kinds of unusual places, including an enclosed fixture above a range vent hood (yes, I've been to that restaurant and they really are using spiral CFL's in there), an outdoor car wash sign and a Crouse-Hinds L-150 street light (fortunately not really used in those locations).

I'm lampin...

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 11:29:41 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I knew I found something odd about this "Miss Seafair" woman.......she screw this lamp in counter-clockwise to turn it on  :o

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 01:08:42 PM » Author: prawnman88
some tim isure miss my old job being in the bucket and for the 2nd video um no coment :)
GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:24:40 PM » Author: GE M-400A1
Cool!

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 08:24:59 PM » Author: lite_lover
Cool maintenance vid! 8)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:16:56 PM by lite_lover » Logged

The brighter the better.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 10:23:10 PM » Author: FGS
They do make those CFLs that works on MV ballasts but only the 175w Ballast or H39. Do they make CFL for lower or higher wattage MV?

@Jace - As for the girl look on the mirror. The letters are in the right position. It should be reversed. If they righted the letters then they reversed the twisting of the lamp.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:25:16 PM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 01:57:21 AM » Author: GE M-400A1
They only make 65W CFL that will replace a 175W MV and that is made by LOA.I have never seen one that will replace a larger or smaller mv lamp.

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

Mr. Big
Re: Seattle City Light Street Lighting Maintenance Video « Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 11:55:26 PM » Author: Mr. Big
I have actually seen a regent one believe it or not!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies