Author Topic: Best brand of CFL to use  (Read 6306 times)
Mr. Big
Re: Best brand of CFL to use « Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 10:42:37 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Yeah, I remember my very first spiral that I bought, it was an LOA some wattage, I really liked that one, and it lasted it's rated life, burning out by the tube not the electronics! I really should have bought more, because I can't find them anymore! :(
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Best brand of CFL to use « Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 12:14:05 AM » Author: FGS
Go with Feit Electric. They're good from what I hear around here. My bathrooms got them over the mirror. They have been used daily for months and they haven't even grayed at the electrode ends. (None I can see though) I think those (Feit Electric) will last a long time maybe beyond that. They're the lifeguard/bonusline of the CFLs.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Mr. Big
Re: Best brand of CFL to use « Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 11:05:04 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Yes. I've had a Feit lamp in use constantly lit in the kitchen, and it lasted a little over it's rated life, when it died it just glowed at the heavily blackened ends. I dropped it off for recycling... ;)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies