Author Topic: Car alarms  (Read 11615 times)
TheLightingCollector

View Posts
View Gallery

UCuHQve8emnnL_d9oU44qklw
Car alarms « on: April 02, 2015, 09:01:50 PM » Author: TheLightingCollector
What's y'all's thoughts about car alarms?
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 11:04:47 PM » Author: ace100w120v
That they're loud and annoying! No but the "wailing" "siren" ones make me laugh honestly, even the thought of them! Never thought much of the horn honking ones though.
TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 12:23:24 AM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
I HATE when people push the "lock" button on their clicker 137 times and make the car honk.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 02:20:01 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Actually the very thought of those key fob things makes me laugh; they're hilarious!
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Car alarms « Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 12:11:55 AM » Author: dor123
Car alarms is illegal in Israel today.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Car alarms « Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:00:49 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
My father, rest his soul, did a very evil and hilarious thing once. I wasn't there, but apparently he came out of store to find a couple of teenagers leaning on his car, a couple hundred yards away, just talking or whatever. He hit the alarm on his fob, and they accelerated faster than the car!

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 10:15:49 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
And that is the only practical use for a car alarm!  :D
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 10:25:35 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Once a group I was with scared the crap out of a dog in a small parking lot with the key fob and just locking/unlocking the rental car...(lights flash, horn beeps once or twice).  Still not as funny as yours, though, Trent!
TheLightingCollector

View Posts
View Gallery

UCuHQve8emnnL_d9oU44qklw
Re: Car alarms « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 05:42:23 PM » Author: TheLightingCollector
LOL @themaritimeman! I have pranked people before with those.
RobTDCI

View Posts
View Gallery

Rob

Re: Car alarms « Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 07:23:53 PM » Author: RobTDCI
I think it's time for makers of UK TV programs to stop adding silly car alarm 'pip pip' sound effects that no car makes in reality, whenever someone locks/unlocks a car!  ???

http://www.robslighting.net/

themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Car alarms « Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 07:50:40 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
That's everywhere, not just the UK. Indeed, I've never heard a real car make that sound in my entire life.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 08:11:22 PM » Author: ace100w120v
My dad has told me his dad had a car (I think it was a Lincoln) whose alarm was SO sensitive you could set it off with the riding lawnmower going next to the driveway! Then you couldn't get in the car either of course...I think they may have even had to wait until the battery died to get in LOL.  But I could be wrong on that one.
I've also heard of them being so sensitive that the dog/cat walking by and brushing against a car can set them off!
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #12 on: April 05, 2015, 08:34:21 PM » Author: sol
Re the red panic button, my two year old son like to push it and subsequently says quietly "beep, beep". I don't like him playing with my keys because he broke a difficult-to-duplicate house key once...

On a more serious note, my late grandfather used to push the red panic button to help him find his car in large parking lots (like at the mall).
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

Re: Car alarms « Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 08:45:21 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I don't like him playing with my keys because he broke a difficult-to-duplicate house key once...

That's one strong kid!

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Car alarms « Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 08:49:15 PM » Author: sol
Not when you insert the key partway into the wrong lock and then bump your knee into it ! Although he is quite strong... The key broke where the cut is quite deep so a weak point.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies