Author Topic: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons  (Read 3757 times)
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « on: October 12, 2007, 05:39:52 PM » Author: sparkie
I was watching an episode of The Simpsons today, and heard a line which made me laugh:
Ned Flanders was in a mental hospital being 'annoyed' by Homer

(Homer: What about, uhhhhh, florescent lights?
 Ned: Oooh, they hum like angels!  You're never lonely if you've got a
       florescent light!) - Quote courtesy of The Simpsons Archive

Anyway, I have noticed some other lighting references when watching Simpsons episodes, two more I have noticed are:

In an episode when Homer ended up stranded on a lighthouse with a broken bulb, a ship heading towards them, Marge opened a cupboard and pulled out a Sylvania 'Econ-O-Watt 400w Lighthouse Bulb'. The Sylvania logo was well reproduced by the cartoonist!

Another episode is when Principal Skinner and Edna Krabuppel are in the Mom and Pop Hardware store, they are talking about spicing up the bedroom with a dimmer switch (!), in the background you can see fluorescent tubes, indicating they are in the lamps row.

If anyone has seen lighting based jokes in the Simpsons or other comedy cartoons, this is the thread to post them!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 05:25:38 PM by TudorWhiz » Logged
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:21:27 PM » Author: sparkie
OK, i have just seen the Lighthouse episode again and looked closely - it is actually a Sylvania 'Energy Miser' 40 000 watt lighthouse bulb!
And here's a very short, non copyright busting clip of it
dp
Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 09:50:20 PM » Author: dp
There's a simpsons episode where Bart shoplifts. When Bart is caught by the guard and was taken to his office, this is part of the dialogue:

Bart: [stammering] I could pay for the game.  I'll pay for it!
Guard: You know, that kind of mush might fly at Lamps Plus, but don't
        peddle it here.

I googled Lamps Plus and they seem to be a US lamps and lighting company.
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 05:04:26 PM » Author: sparkie
There's a simpsons episode where Bart shoplifts. When Bart is caught by the guard and was taken to his office.

Did you also notice the flashing fluorescent light in the staff smoking area which they walked through on the way to the office?
dp
Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 05:05:38 PM » Author: dp
There's a simpsons episode where Bart shoplifts. When Bart is caught by the guard and was taken to his office.

Did you also notice the flashing fluorescent light in the staff smoking area which they walked through on the way to the office?

Oh yeah forgotten about that! It was buzzing too.  ;D
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 05:36:45 PM » Author: TudorWhiz

Oh yeah forgotten about that! It was buzzing too.  ;D

I in matter of fact was gonna mention that! But I wasn't too sure if it was that episode or not.....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 06:51:21 PM » Author: sparkie
OK, i have just seen the Lighthouse episode again and looked closely - it is actually a Sylvania 'Energy Miser' 40 000 watt lighthouse bulb!
And here's a very short, non copyright busting clip of it

Don't bother clicking the link, it doesn't work anymore!! The bas****copyright jobsworths have stung me good and proper for this one (in fact if you click the link you will see exactly what they have done!!!>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( I have deleted the video from my account, and in fact have deleted my account entirely to protect myself!
And it was only about 15 seconds! People get away with putting entire TV shows and music videos on there, why me?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 03:30:03 AM by sparkie » Logged
J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 10:16:31 AM » Author: J-Frog
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation"

I've been seeing a lot of this happening on Youtube recently!  For me, I really only post films I make myself anyways, but why do they make such a big deal out of this when the quality is so much lower than DVD and sound quality is subpar as well, it's not like its gonna really much affect sales of DVD and theres the fact that you can watch it on TV anyways...

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Light Based Jokes in Cartoons « Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 01:41:17 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Just simply put down the Season number, Episode number.....and what part of that show...and we can look ourselves with our own DVDS....I have some Simpsons DVDs......But I need to get more, so far I only have Seasons 2, 3, 4, 6 and 10, and don't forget the Simpsons movie! I also have the first 3 seasons of Futurama....yes I am a big fan of the Simpsons and Futurama so is my brother!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies