Author Topic: Wiring of Recessed Troffer lights  (Read 4939 times)
lightingcollector84

View Posts
View Gallery

Wiring of Recessed Troffer lights « on: October 13, 2007, 04:29:14 PM » Author: lightingcollector84
Hi,
   My school has 2X4 parabolic recessed flourescent troffer lights that hold 3 tubes, and I have a question about how they are wired.  Each room has 2 switches, when you turn one on, just the middle bulb in each fixture turns on.  When you turn on the other switch, it turns on the outside 2 bulbs. My question is, how do you wire a fixture up to operate like this?  Also is there just one ballast in set ups like this or does it require 2?
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Wiring of Recessed Troffer lights « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 05:30:56 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
It has 2 ballasts, one ballast wired to one switch and other ballast wired to the other switch....so one ballast is for one lamp and other if for 2 lamps......I have been to schools and places that were wired like that.

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wiring of Recessed Troffer lights « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 01:57:02 PM » Author: don93s
I wired up these same fixtures at my work...yes, there are two ballasts. One for the middle bulb, and one for the outer ones. It has special multi-pin quick-connects that links all the fixtures together....there are two hot wires, one for each ballast in the connecting power cable. All the middle lamp ballasts connect to the red wire and all the outer lamp ballasts connect to the black  wire.
GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: Wiring of Recessed Troffer lights « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 12:07:27 AM » Author: GE M-400A1
I wired one up the same way but it was a 4 lamp fixture but i used 2 of the 2 lamp ballast's. Ballast 1 controlled lamp 1 and 4 and ballast 2 controled 2 and 3.

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Wiring of Recessed Troffer lights « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 08:21:20 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I like the way some buildings do that. It's 3 level dimming without any expensive ballasts!

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies