Author Topic: Anyone else here Autistic?  (Read 13810 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 12:36:16 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I'm fine with being in the outside world or in public but yeah when I discovered there were other lighting collectors I was pretty happy! But I found them on YouTube before Lighting Gallery.
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 08:01:37 AM » Author: hannahs lights
Reading these posts here I wonder if I'm slightly autistic I am extremely shy and have a lot of trouble socializing with others. I also have lots of trouble with tying shoelaces and doing other small work like that. If it takes a normal person 5 minutes to do so!ething it will take me 15 minutes its all very frustrating. Anyhow can't believe I said all that hope it don't come back to bite me!
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 11:42:20 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I feel you, trench. When my friends bring other friends in, I 'nope' the heck out of there. I just don't like talking to people, I'm more interested in what they have to say (not to the point of eavesdropping).

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 03:05:09 AM » Author: Silverliner
Interesting topic. I know a few Aspies like the late J-frog who was a close friend of mine.

I may focus a lot on my lighting hobby and other special interests, but socially I'm not all that awkward. Sometimes I can be a bit shy meeting new people, but I love social events and meeting new people! Plus I love chatting about many different topics. May it be world news, girls, cars, movies, electrical stuff, travelling, lighting of course, music, pop culture, and others. Plus I can chat with women without fear/awkwardness.

However, in my younger years I kinda sucked at sarcasm, I would easily read it as literal. Plus my friends talked about topics that were boring to me, so I spent a bit of time to myself focusing on my special interests. When I talked with my friends I always enjoyed teaching them about my interests, including lights lol. I was suspected of Aspergers when I was a teen but was never diagnoised. I was told that I could still read body language etc.

Introvert or extrovert, I'm in the middle, leaning towards being extroverted. Because I actually get motiavation and energy from talking with people. My mom is VERY introverted though.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 11:29:36 AM » Author: hannahs lights
I can never read body language I just don't understand it as for sarcasm I used to take things literally I don't get why someone would say something they don't mean it
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 11:32:14 AM » Author: themaritimegirl
I don't get why someone would say something they don't mean it

Humor. That's the point of sarcasm when it's used appropriately.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 10:12:31 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I'm not autistic but I am socially awkward and a bit of an introvert. The only people I'll talk to are the General and Mr. Westinghouse.  :P

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 12:06:04 AM » Author: Silverliner
I don't get why someone would say something they don't mean it

Humor. That's the point of sarcasm when it's used appropriately.

I have grown to love sarcasm. It's funny and makes me laugh!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 12:47:00 AM » Author: ace100w120v
In person, I'm VERY sarcastic!
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 05:22:10 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Same here,ace!

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 08:00:38 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I think it's a great form of expression!
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 10:29:38 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I think it's a great form of expression!
sarcasm makes the world go round.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lanternbro

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 05:13:59 PM » Author: Lanternbro
Aspergers, but very mild, no motor skill problems, no blurting. Not even much of any obsessions anymore. I guess I've hammered myself to fit in.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 12:32:42 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I feel Ya trencheel303, I'm a bit of an introvert too. I find it easier to do my communication online. I also find myself dodging awkward conversation when it occurs.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #29 on: June 25, 2015, 02:36:34 PM » Author: RCM442
Aspergers, but very mild, no motor skill problems, no blurting. Not even much of any obsessions anymore. I guess I've hammered myself to fit in.
I have problems with motor skills, I don't blurt things out, in fact I'm pretty quiet most of the time. I'm regular autism though, not aspergers.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies