Author Topic: Anyone else here Autistic?  (Read 13806 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #45 on: April 10, 2021, 02:41:58 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'm not autistic although I feel awkward talking to unknown people but somehow I have quite a few friends that I've made.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #46 on: April 11, 2021, 08:03:43 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Yes, I do have autism. Unfortunately, I also have some impulse control issues, as can be seen on the Kmart thread.  :(
I’m such an idiot!  :slap:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #47 on: April 11, 2021, 04:18:30 PM » Author: Rommie
There's another (later) topic on this subject here. I might see if it's worth merging them, but I'll need to read through them first.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #48 on: April 11, 2021, 04:19:20 PM » Author: rjluna2
I do believe that I have a mild case of autism here.  I have a picky taste on some food that I eat.  Some loud noise can be unnerving to me and usually I mute my hearing aid.  Sometimes I overreact if some of the routine can be disruption.  I was institutionalised for a short while for my behaviour disruption when I was a teenager.

Now, I'm more calmer and controlled with my mental state and able to deal with something that could deviate my routine.  I try to understand what others feels like and be respectful to them.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

LINKS

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #49 on: May 25, 2022, 02:57:15 AM » Author: LINKS
I am really interested to read stuff like this, I have struggled my whole life and have just applied for a autism diagnosis throug the public health system, I fit the simtoms very well, never been able to hold down a job and IQ is very low but, I have managed to build a few cars and motorcycles from scratch and have a big collection for someone my age and seem to know more about ww1 and ww2 history and world history than most normal people.

I was kicked out of school when I was 7 because of a lerning disability and had to change to a few other schools, its not really recognized in the contry I am from, I use to collect all sorts of crap, 
AgentHalogen_87

View Posts
View Gallery

Long Live SOX!

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #50 on: May 25, 2022, 06:10:55 AM » Author: AgentHalogen_87
I show mild symptoms, but it's not significant enough for me to need or want a diagnosis.
I struggle to  to maintain eye contact, communication isn't exactly my first language, and I'm hypersensitive to sounds.
I think everyone is on the spectrum somewhere, just for most it's so low it isn't noticeable.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #51 on: May 25, 2022, 10:02:05 AM » Author: suzukir122
I don't have autism, but struggling to maintain eye contact is a VERY strong weakness of mine.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #52 on: May 25, 2022, 10:43:19 AM » Author: Rommie
There's another (later) topic on this subject here. I might see if it's worth merging them, but I'll need to read through them first.
Ok, as there have been a few more posts on this subject, I've merged the two topics.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #53 on: May 25, 2022, 11:41:36 PM » Author: Lumex120
I was diagnosed with Aspergers (which I guess is now classified as autism) when I was like 6 or 7. I'm going to be honest and say I really wish I didn't have it, it's made a lot of stuff really difficult and I have a hard time with lots of things that most people don't seem to have any issues with. On the plus side, there's a few things that I'm extremely good at but I don't feel like that makes up for it.

Unofficial LG Discord

MVMH_99

View Posts
View Gallery

Nothin' Like Clear MV...

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #54 on: May 27, 2022, 01:50:13 PM » Author: MVMH_99
Firstly, to everyone else on here who has "opened up," I want to let you know you make me feel welcome and "safe" to discuss my own issues here.  I admire your transparency as "tightly-knit" members of this community.  With that said, I am actually on the autism spectrum myself - specifically, Asperger's.

I was diagnosed at an EXTREMELY young age - I believe only 4.  It was initially discovered in my preschool years, when the "teachers" (I'd be hardpressed to call them that by higher education standards!) realized that I had a tendency to "keep to myself" much of the time, and not interact with/"seek out" opportunities to engage/play with others.  Subsequent psychological analysis indeed confirmed I had Asperger's (as some of these early, "classic symptoms" would suggest).  And one time, at like age 3 or 4, I was wrongfully put in a "time-out" :sick: :curse: for being accused of "teasing" as a result of random talking to myself - which NO ONE else around me (not even other kids) noticed.  Felt bad about that for the greater first half of my life.

In my earlier days of elementary school (prior to going into a private school), I always felt like an "outcast" as I had a ton of trouble with basic academics, including even Kindergarten math and writing.  Writing and math (math is still not a "forte" of mine but I improved TREMENDOUSLY) were my top NEMESES back then.  This would almost always cause the completely inept classroom "aides" to yell at and/or shame me in front of other classmates, which was VERY tough.  In addition, they would even yell at me and make me look terrible at recess just because I wasn't trying to interact with anyone and simply wanted to be by myself.

The most hurtful thing, however, was when one particular classroom "aide" would sometimes mock my speech impediment, which I received therapy for until ~age 10.  I recall the scenario (like it was yesterday!) when I would say "speech" incorrectly - I would say it "SUH-PEECH" (so in two "chunks"), and then she would repeat that to MY FACE IN FRONT OF OTHER CLASSMATES!!!! I don't know why I never spoke up - maybe I was just too young and naive at the time that I somehow thought mistreatment and humiliation was "normal" for "outcasts" (which I thought I was but didn't even know that term back then) myself.  Beyond this, the same "aide" would frequently threaten to deprive me of my lunch/food if I didn't start "doing my work," even though any perceived "laziness" was purely the result of the fact that I didn't understand the work being put in front of me.  :'( ??? :poof: @-@

As of today, the largest impact of being on the "spectrum" is my resulting (clinical) anxiety (and now depression) and OCD, plus the uncomfortable nature of new social situations (especially when it involves "far-away" {from me, at least} relatives and/or people only known by my parents).  In addition, I tend to take things more "literally" than other people, and also am slower than others in processing new and/or complex information.  Interestingly enough, however, I tend to get along famously with most of the customers I encounter at work (as I work in a retail environment).  Go figure.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 02:05:13 PM by MVMH_99 » Logged

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - let old lighting LIVE!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #55 on: May 27, 2022, 02:38:08 PM » Author: rjluna2
You are not alone.  I have been picked on from my peers when I was in the high school.

Yes, I had to go to special school for the half day along with the 'regular' school which it is mainstream school with deaf classroom during my late elementary school years.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #56 on: May 27, 2022, 04:41:20 PM » Author: Andy
I think perhaps more people might be persuaded to post on this topic if it was viewable only by registered members of this site.

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #57 on: May 27, 2022, 05:02:15 PM » Author: Rommie
Not sure if that can be done, as it is a board can be made viewable by members only, such as the Web Finds board, but I don't think it's possible for an individual topic.

I'll mention it to Patrick and see if he has any ideas.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 05:04:59 PM by Rommie » Logged

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #58 on: May 27, 2022, 11:59:34 PM » Author: Burrito
I am autistic

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Anyone else here Autistic? « Reply #59 on: May 28, 2022, 12:01:42 AM » Author: Burrito
I never thought I'd say it in public, but I do have Aspergers. When I was much younger, my mother took me to see all sorts of idiot doctors. She even put me in an after school program thing. It was terrible.
I went to a therapy place in 2014 but recently ended. The place was junk.

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies