Author Topic: Older fixtures from an old law office  (Read 2077 times)
x1nzh
Older fixtures from an old law office « on: April 28, 2015, 11:15:06 PM » Author: x1nzh
My wife and I purchased an old law office and are doing some remodeling to it. There are a couple older light fixtures in the offices and we are not sure what to do with them. One is an older Sciolari chandelier and the other is a art deco like fluorescent light fixture. Anyone know anything about these fixtures? Thanks!

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=12099
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Older fixtures from an old law office « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:21:46 AM » Author: DieselNut
I would love to have that old 4 tube fluorescent!  That is a rare BEAUTY!  It is converted to T8 (from its original preheat T12), so it is efficient as anything out there these days.  It is gorgeous and well made too!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Older fixtures from an old law office « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:30:38 AM » Author: Solanaceae
That half piper is awesome :o   It'd be cool to very that back to preheat, only if you could find Tulamp ballasts still.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Older fixtures from an old law office « Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 12:35:46 PM » Author: Ash
And if not, wire 240V to it and get some ballasts from our side of the world. They will underpower the lamps a bit due to the 50 / 60 Hz diffrence but probably just a tiny bit
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Older fixtures from an old law office « Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 02:36:23 AM » Author: nicksfans
2x40 preheat ballasts can still be had on eBay. If the fixture is going to stay installed there, though, I'd keep it T8 for practicality and efficiency. It's not worth converting back to preheat for a non-collector.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Older fixtures from an old law office « Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 03:16:20 PM » Author: Solanaceae
i want to find vintage tulamp ballasts on ebay. that would be the ultimate score ;D

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies