Author Topic: a china junk story  (Read 3085 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

a china junk story « on: October 13, 2007, 06:56:57 PM » Author: prawnman88
well back in febuary i installed a regent/cooper china nema junk head and a few nights ago it went dead i check power abulb pc the ballast died i was like man what a piece of crap !!!! so i bought a bigger 175 merc version of a cooper one ill post pics its more like a barrel anyhow. lets see how long this one lasts man i have a ballast thats arround 12 to 15 yrs old in a gumball it still is going . man i really don't like china junk this story just shows >:(
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: a china junk story « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:20:15 AM » Author: Silverliner
Figures, I try to avoid Chinese junk whenever possible but it's getting so hard to do so these days.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a china junk story « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:28:17 AM » Author: J-Frog
My Chinese Cooper is still going, with a 1986 Philips Lifeguard lamp no less.  Only thing wrong with it is a yellowed refractor.

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: a china junk story « Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:42:36 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
My Chinese Cooper is still going, with a 1986 Philips Lifeguard lamp no less.  Only thing wrong with it is a yellowed refractor.

Yes simply Chinese products just have more defective products, just simply more, you just have more chances of buying a defective products, even though there are some lucky chinese products that lasts very long time, but just more chances of buying or receiving junky and defective product!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a china junk story « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:55:59 PM » Author: J-Frog
Jace is completely right!  Seem quality control isn't as good in China for some products, so more defective ones slip through...

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a china junk story « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 11:56:40 PM » Author: Semi-Comma
And they have the nerve to look at me funny when I open boxes and check products before I buy them.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: a china junk story « Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:45:34 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Tell them you are smart enough to check quality due to it being made in China!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: a china junk story « Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 05:28:56 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Look what happened with all the motherboard caps that blow! Quality china made crap. We went and got all new ibm's at my job cause all the dells have blown there caps and my own computer a few years ago also blown caps. Lead in kids toys! It's bad, Everything I come across and I mean everything is made in china. Seem like when the 90's hit the china made stuff flooded the market.

Same stuff, Different Day!

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: a china junk story « Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 09:38:01 PM » Author: icefoglights
I've checked out those heavy duty Regent/Cooper MV lights.  They use the same ballast/bulb/PC as the standard security lights.  The glare shield and the PC shade cap are nice extras though :)

I have had issues with Chinese lighting equipment though.  Usually HPS, usually components made by Caster.  The igniters seem to have a short life span >:(

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies