Author Topic: You Computer/Desk/Office setups.  (Read 2901 times)
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « on: May 08, 2015, 08:06:56 PM » Author: mrboojay
Here you can show off what kind of setup you have where you work or do your stuff out of.

This is what I currently have at home:  (It is a little bit of a mess, but when you have a lot of stuff and not much space, things look worse then they really are)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vHkHv02Iljb2pudlRodWFwLW8/view?usp=sharing

Computer is an Asus G20 with a Core-i7 4790, with 16GB DDR3 (laptop RAM :/), nVidea GeForce 670GTX and a 1TB HDD running Windows 8.1.  Keyboard and mouse came with the PC, but they are nice.
Monitors from left to right are: Planar PL1700M, Acer AL2216W, Compaq W17q.
I also have a nice Mic setup for voice recording and gaming video recording (not in this shot). 
Speakers are Advent (I forget) center, left and right hooked up to amp A on a Sony STR-DE835 with Klipsch 1.1B left and right hooked up to amp B, set into virtual surround so center panned audio signals com out the center speaker and as it fades left or right it comes out the left and right.  Quite a nice sounding setup, and better if you have a good EQ setup, the bass you get is pretty nice for not having a sub.

And this is my office setup:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B4vHkHv02IljfnZNeHZ0Qll5NDl3bnlYWUtDS2FlZWlOcFZFOVBHbnU2c3JqR3NqYlFnTXc
COmputer is an older custom build with an Asus Motherboard of some kind with an Intel Quad Core Q9550 @ 2.83GHz with 8GB od DDR2 RAM and a 2TB Hitachi HDD.  It also has 2 video cards (in order 2 run all 3 monitors), one is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 and the other is an nVidia GeForce 6600.  It used to have a GeForce 9600...but it shorted out and died. :(
Monitors from left to right are: I-INC iH282, Acer T230H, HP L1706.  Keyboard is a Gateway 2000 ANYKEY from 2-18-1994. :)  Mouse is a Logitech M-UV96.  Speakers are Altec Lansing GCS100s.  (I have the most info on this PC because I am sitting at it right now.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:21:04 PM by mrboojay » Logged

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 04:59:43 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Well, Here is my "home office"

Computer and other stuff is inside the cabinet wich is actually old Nokia Ultrasite GSM BTS where I have installed rack rails.

There is currently HP SFF pc with win 7 pro as well as Qnap nas. Because nature of my work, I dont actually have dedicated office space anywhere. I have a laptop and cellphone and have a kind of moving office.

I also have this small "server room" in my house build in small storage room housing other IT equipments:

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 11:56:25 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Noticing the stereo tuner and the frequency it's tuned to, what country are you in?
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 03:32:42 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I live in Finland. Tuner is Pioneer F-551L Ive hooked it to PC so that I can record couple radio shows. Ive had that tuner almost 20 year and its been working fine.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:03:09 AM » Author: dor123

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 01:21:08 PM » Author: merc
@dor123: Nice to see you still use a 5:4 (1280x1024) screen. IMO it's much better than wide screens for most applications (unless your primary computer activity is watching films).
I've got a 20" NEC 4:3 (1600x1200) for about 8 years(?) and it still works great.

Btw. what's the clear globe in the upper right shelf? Is it a plasma globe?
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 01:30:52 AM » Author: mrboojay
Hey what about me? :P I use a 4:3 (actually according to Wikipedia 1280x1024 is 5:4) at both if my desktops, I can't see having a setup without one, while I prefer widescreen for most things, some times 5:4 is just better.  Especially at a smaller resolution.
At my old desktop setup I had 2 widescreens and 2 5:4s then someone wanted a widescreen so I had 3 5:4s and a 16:10 (other was a 16:9).  But that was just so I could keep 4 monitors. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4vHkHv02IljSzcxdTBmclI1ODQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

Also @Roi: very nice setups there, pretty cool.

And @dor:  very nice simple setup there. :)

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 09:47:17 AM » Author: dor123
@dor123: Nice to see you still use a 5:4 (1280x1024) screen. IMO it's much better than wide screens for most applications (unless your primary computer activity is watching films).
I've got a 20" NEC 4:3 (1600x1200) for about 8 years(?) and it still works great.

Btw. what's the clear globe in the upper right shelf? Is it a plasma globe?
This is a plasma globe.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 01:08:30 PM » Author: dor123
@merc: I know only CRT displays can have higher resolution than 1280:1024 with square screen, as they have smaller pixels than LCDs. All square LCDs, can only have up to 1280x1024, as their pixels are larger.
I think that my screen is also 4:3, as 5:4 is very rare.

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 03:14:37 PM » Author: merc
@merc: I know only CRT displays can have higher resolution than 1280:1024 with square screen, as they have smaller pixels than LCDs. All square LCDs, can only have up to 1280x1024, as their pixels are larger.
I think that my screen is also 4:3, as 5:4 is very rare.
Here is the specs for my 1600x1200 LCD screen. LCD pixels can be pretty tiny, no problem with even much higher resolutions.
Why are 4:3 screens quite rare is the same like with classical cell phones with mechanical buttons. As most people request touchscreens, manufacturers focus on that. The same with wide screen monitors.

1600/1200 = 1.33333 = 4:3
1280/1024 = 1.25 = 5:4

If your screen with a 1280x1024 resolution was 4:3, you would see ellipses instead of circles and rectangles instead of squares. You can measure your screen with a ruler to find out their ratio.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 05:31:45 PM » Author: Ash
There are square LCDs up to much higher sizes. They are just very expensive therefore very rare (it cost less to make a widescreen LCD panel with the same area)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 10:53:29 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Mine is just a cheap ikea desk with my laptop and other junk piled on it.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Aveoguy22
Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #12 on: September 24, 2015, 03:55:15 AM » Author: Aveoguy22
old dead thread but oh well
heres my current setup. 
small vintage desk made by cole steel in the 1960's with my monitor, keyboard and other stuff on it.  the monitor is a Gateway with a resolution of 1440x 900.  the keyboard is a Packard bell mechanical from about 1995.  cheap mouse from walmart. 
the computer is a HP with a 2.66GHz intel Core2Duo with 2gb of ram(I should expand it, just lazy) running Win7.  I have a 300w PSU, 2 250GB HDD's and a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GT 730.  more pics below.  it runs just about any game that I would want to play including Call of Duty Black ops.  its lamer than the other setups I see here but it gets me by just fine.

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You Computer/Desk/Office setups. « Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 01:05:10 AM » Author: mrboojay
My home setup has been updated a bit since I last posted it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfGmCzElQK0
That is an entry video for a contest that I did.

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies