Author Topic: Sport  (Read 1767 times)
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Sport « on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:07 PM » Author: merc
Our country is hosting Ice Hockey World Championship this year and many Czechs are mad of it. It's a traditional and very popular sport in our country and we just advanced to semifinals together with the USA, Canada :o and Russia.
Well, I haven't seen a single match. :-[ I'm a sort of 'fanatic' biker, riding almost every day, mainly in hills above our town. In winter, when roads are icy, I'm jogging instead.
What about you? Are you into sports (I mean other than lamppost climbing ;D )? Do you watch them?
themaritimegirl

View Posts
View Gallery

Florence

themaritimegirl themaritimegirl themaritimegirl
Re: Sport « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:08:30 PM » Author: themaritimegirl
I've never been into sports, but back in high school when I lost half a ton of weight I grew to enjoy playing volleyball, badminton, and soccer baseball (like baseball, but played by kicking a soccer ball instead). I also tried a little basketball and baseball, but I never became competent enough to really enjoy either of them.

This was all recreational. I never played on an actual team.

Likewise I don't go out of my way to watch anything, but I volunteered filming basketball games for my high school's coach, and I did enjoy seeing the games that way. I kinda like boxing, too.

Electrical Engineering Graduate
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

TheUniversalDave1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sport « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 10:04:02 PM » Author: TheUniversalDave1
Here, football is king. It's really ludicrous. Since I'm in the band, I have to stay at the football games during the fall and play dumb stands music and the marching show.
nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: Sport « Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 01:29:26 AM » Author: nicksfans
I'm not a sports guy at all, watching or playing. I do, however, go mountain biking every couple of weeks (more often during the summer when I don't have school).

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Sport « Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 02:04:06 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Used to do sports back in school years ago. I don't keep up with sports so much these days except for cricket.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Sport « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 11:38:19 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I'm doing soccer next year. It seems football is a bit of a cult here in Illinois.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Sport « Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 06:25:15 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Not a big fan if sports but I used to love playing floor hockey.

And I'm pretty sure I could beat alot of ass if I was thrown into a bicycle race.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Sport « Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 07:08:05 PM » Author: Cole D.
I used to like to play floor hockey too, and basketball.

I don't watch the sports games that often, but sometimes I like to watch basketball and football. Although they tend to get boring to me after a while.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Sport « Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 06:55:32 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm into biking, but the motorcycle kind, not the bicycles. Professional bicycle racing is intriguing to me to a certain extent though...
and although I'm a motorcycle rider, I've never really been into the TV professional motorcycle racing all that much.

Someone at work told me a little while ago that I look like Dwayne Wade and Chris Paul put together. (Basketball players)
It's hilarious because, I can't play Basketball to save my life. (Or football) I do watch Basketball from time to time though,
and my favorite teams USE to be the Miami Heat, LA Clippers, and Chicago Bulls... this being before the main players left those teams.
All in all though, am I heavily into sports? -- Not really.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies