Author Topic: Favorite songs & artists?  (Read 20409 times)
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #60 on: February 18, 2018, 03:09:09 PM » Author: sol
I have memories of listening to a 1989 compilation of music, The Wild Ones. The track list can be consulted here . We had the cassette, which lived in the car. I remember listening to this, going somewhere or coming back home (before I had my licence, so my parents would be driving) at twilight, looking for street lights that just turned on and were warming up. At that time, there was about 1/3 of them that were still MV, the rest being HPS. I now have the LP that I found on eBay just before Christmas. I don't listen often, but memories of MV street lights always come back when I do.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #61 on: February 19, 2018, 10:26:30 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
ID - ID (174.99 BPM)
ID - ID (80 BPM)
ID - ID (ID Remix, ID Bootleg)
AAZAR - ID
Full Flavor
Zomboy - Lights Out
Skrillex - ID (The Same Place)
BOAZ VON DE BEATS & Valentino Khan - ID
WIWEK - RIOT
If you can't tell I like IDs and Unreleased songs
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:29:08 AM by F96T12 DD VHO » Logged

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #62 on: February 19, 2018, 02:39:34 PM » Author: dor123
I've recently downloaded from Youtube two songs of Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD): Pandora's Box and Enola Gay, which I've recognized them easily, as I've heard them in my childhood. To my surprise, despite both Duran Duran (Which I've lot of songs of them, including Ordinary World, Wild Boys, etc...) and OMD are considered synth-pop bands, OMD music seems to me as much more electronic compared to Duran Duran which hearing like a regular rock-pop music.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #63 on: February 19, 2018, 08:34:51 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: F96T12 DD VHO
ID - ID (174.99 BPM)
ID - ID (80 BPM)
ID - ID (ID Remix, ID Bootleg)

Ug. ::) I couldn't deal with MP3's named that way.
I would need to know the real artists/titles!
If I couldn't find them, those files would have to go in the junk directory...

Yeah, I'm kinda OCD about naming my files..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #64 on: February 20, 2018, 10:38:34 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Ug. ::) I couldn't deal with MP3's named that way.
I would need to know the real artists/titles!
If I couldn't find them, those files would have to go in the junk directory...

Yeah, I'm kinda OCD about naming my files..
I'm kind of that way to, but the fact that most of my songs in my playlists are listed as (ID - ID, Artist - ID or, Zomboy - Lights Out (ID Remix) )
For me I List the BPMs in the song so I know which is which

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Men of God

View Posts
View Gallery

jiachao.wei.71 chao_813975447 UChyTpXvlQ8ZCfBPP_lJjubg chao990613
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #65 on: February 25, 2018, 07:24:51 AM » Author: Men of God
《我的祖国》,电影《上甘岭》主题曲,这首歌基本上是全中国人的启蒙歌!现在常听的基本上是K-POP,在中国比较流行的外国歌主要还是日本和韩国的,英语的不太流行。

我不会英文,所以我用中文,请你们用翻译网站翻译我打的字!

I can't in English, so I in Chinese, please use the translation website to translate my words!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #66 on: February 28, 2018, 05:54:30 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Ah yes, Enya is wonderful, I have a cassette of hers somewhere..! Currently don't have a cassette deck though, but hopefully we'll be able to rectify that soon, my mother has one she never uses, so I will ask if we can "liberate" it next time I see her :D
I have ALL Enyas CDs, I just love mystical singers, and have like Enya since she hit our charts back in 1988, just recently in the UK, Norwegian singer Sigrid is making a name for herself, and, yes, her songs have been good, but she is a bit too `pop` for me, however theres another young Norwegian singer not many have even heard of here, and she is now my new Enya, inspiring a sense of spiritual mystery with me in both her songs and music videos, I speak of the brilliant Aurora, she is my new musical goddess! ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:57:22 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #67 on: March 02, 2018, 01:50:05 AM » Author: dor123
There is a mizrahi music (Hebrew lyrics) summer hit song, that was popular here, one or two years ago, that was played non-stop in various places at Kiryat Ata, and bothered me, as well as increased my hatred for this genre of Hebrew music. This song called טרמינל 3 (Aka "Terminal 3") by Dudu Aharon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rANiul86eSU

Some songs that I recently got love to them, and playing them when I playing some of my side scrolling platform games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-d_zsTDjw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMFKib_Byb8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5XJ2GiR6Bo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHqGeYhIVhA

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #68 on: March 02, 2018, 06:12:14 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
My favorite is Deadmau5 - Alone with You.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #69 on: March 25, 2018, 11:54:32 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Gnarles Barkley - Charity Case

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #70 on: March 25, 2018, 01:33:24 PM » Author: dor123
There is a mizrahi music (Hebrew lyrics) summer hit song, that was popular here, one or two years ago, that was played non-stop in various places at Kiryat Ata, and bothered me, as well as increased my hatred for this genre of Hebrew music. This song called טרמינל 3 (Aka "Terminal 3") by Dudu Aharon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rANiul86eSU
Sorry, but the hit wasn't טרמינל 3 (Aka "Terminal 3") by Dudu Aharon, but היא רק רוצה לרקוד (She just wants to dance) by Omer Adam and Moshe Peretz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0SuqxOe1Bs
This song was played everywhere here in Kiryat Ata, and I couldn't suffer it.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #71 on: March 25, 2018, 06:09:34 PM » Author: CEB1993
I have ALL Enyas CDs, I just love mystical singers, and have like Enya since she hit our charts back in 1988, just recently in the UK, Norwegian singer Sigrid is making a name for herself, and, yes, her songs have been good, but she is a bit too `pop` for me, however theres another young Norwegian singer not many have even heard of here, and she is now my new Enya, inspiring a sense of spiritual mystery with me in both her songs and music videos, I speak of the brilliant Aurora, she is my new musical goddess! ;)

I really like Enya, too.  Her music is so soothing and relaxing and helps me during stressful days.  I enjoy her older albums the most and my favorite album is The Celts, from 1987. 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #72 on: March 26, 2018, 10:31:12 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
When we were out visiting my mummy yesterday we collected all of my records that had been sitting in her attic for years, we'll have fun going through them and getting all nostalgic.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #73 on: March 26, 2018, 10:40:36 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm sorry, but it's gonna take a lot to defeat this one. I don't like it as much as
the original song, but maaaaannn it's not far off. This song was my JAM! lol
Phil Collins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttxmYe4eIu4
The rhythm that almost changed my life, starts at 3:54. The rhythm fades out at the end
of the video. Easily one of the greatest
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:44:17 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Favorite songs & artists? « Reply #74 on: March 28, 2018, 07:04:55 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Our little munky has got one that he would like to share with you, it's Mama would you buy me a bananananana He hopes you like it.  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies