Author Topic: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale  (Read 1604 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « on: July 02, 2015, 09:32:27 AM » Author: dor123
I want to know what is the brand and the model of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale in Europe (The same one we have in Qiryat Ata), since their behaviors on cycling lamps is unique (Trying to restrike the discharge when it is going to extingush, and gives up if they permanently, if they fails to maintenance it and it extingush, or gives up when the lamp extingush after only a single cycle (Unlike anti-cycle ignitors of other brands that I know [Europhane, Eltam, Tridonic, Philips {SN-58 self-stop, SDW-T controller/stabilizer and etc...], which lets the lamp to do more cycles before giving up), often causing them to falsely detect intact HPS lamps as cycling/EOL and give up permanently if there is a power brownout swarm that isn't sufficiently strong to reset them), and they can also restrike a redded out Osram NAV-E 250W 4Y lamp in seconds (Compared to most superimposed ignitors that takes 2-3 mins to restrike redded out HPS lamps).

This question is for european members only, as based with what Liam said me in the past, in the UK, the Schreder Sepale gear was manufactured and assembled locally in the 90's (PARMAR), like how the AEG Triangel here in Qiryat Ata, have Eltam gear, and so it may be different than in Europe (Which is what we have here) even today.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 09:43:02 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 02:05:18 PM » Author: Michael
As I worked for the Schreder Group in the past I know that every group has its own joyce of gear in their lanterns. Here in Switzerland we use now mostly Tridonic and Philips gear. The older Schreder fixtures from the nineties came with Leuenberger Ballasts and BAG Turgi ignitors. Later Vossloh-Schwabe on BAG electronics Ignitors.

The former German  A+G Schreder GmbH  division used V&S ballasts and ignitors only.

The French Comatelec-Schreder SA which also have the rights to make and distribute the Sepale in the whole Schreder group equipped them mostly with Philips ballasts and ignitors unless otherwise expressly agreed.

Hope this is the right answer for you. So if the costumer in Israel wishes different gear than Philips they do make them with Eltam, V&S ect... gear regarding the price and availability ect... 
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:30:55 AM » Author: dor123
If the ignitors of Tridonic and Philips were the only anti-cycle ignitors that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale, and the former one aren't, so Philips looks more suitable for their behaviors during cycling, as I've already seen a Thorn Alpha 2000, which a Tridonic anti-cycle ignitor, and it behave different, and did several cycles.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:50:14 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 06:53:24 AM » Author: Michael
If the ignitors of Tridonic and Philips were the only anti-cycle ignitors that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale, and the former one aren't, so Philips looks more suitable for their behaviors during cycling, as I've already seen a Thorn Alpha 2000, which a Tridonic anti-cycle ignitor, and it behave different, and did several cycles.

This quite possible Dor.

The Schréder fixture here in Switzerland are using the Tridonic ZRM 2.5 ES/CT anti cycling ignitor in their fixtures which became standard in 2008. Before that they used the ZRM 2.5 ES/C which did not have this feature. Back then the costumer could have their fixtures with anti cycling ignitors upon request.

So far I know Philips and BAG Electronics offers their anti cycling ignitors as standard for much longer time than Tridonic.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 10:43:15 AM » Author: dor123
The different between what I've seen with a cycling HPS lamp in Schreder Sepale and Thorn Alpha 2000 until now, is that the ignitor in the Schreder Sepale gives up ignition attemps after only one cycle, or, if it decides to restrikes extingushing lamp (Flickering and dimming -> brightening), they gives up ignition attempts as soon as the lamp extingushed. However the ignitor of the Thorn Alpha 2000, its Tridonic ZRM ES/CT, doing 10 secs wait and restrike, than 2 mins wait, and restrikes, and like the Europhane ignitor, doing this many times until it gives up.
This is why I the Schreder Sepale in Qiryat Ata, have a Philips anti-cycle ignitor, but otherwise, it can also have a BAG Turgi one, if this was an anti-cycle ignitor in the lantern, before Philips and Tridonic.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:45:10 AM by dor123 » Logged

Liam

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 05:04:39 PM » Author: Liam
If the Schreder Sepale  goes out after one cycle it COULD have a Parmar anti cycle igniter in, i have a 150w SON flood light that only does one cycle then gives up some times it does 3 cycles then gives up. It doesn't do dim flickering though it only flickers when its about to cycle, i would video it but my only 150w SON lamp that cycles can take up to 2 hours to cycle after power up, i will try video it within the next few days.

My gallery http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/index.php?cat=11495

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 01:51:48 AM » Author: dor123
It is possible that they have a Venture anti-cycle ignitor, but I've readed somewhere in Venture website, that their behavior is almost the same as Eltam ES-PI 1000 anti cycle ignitor (Ignites for 5 sec, wait for 1 min), and that they gives up after 3 cycles (Instead of 4 cycles). The ignitors inside the Schreder Sepale at Qiryat Ata, seems to be trying constantly, only rarely waiting sometime, and I don't think that Venture would lie about their anti-cycle ignitors behaviors.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the brand of the ignitor that comes as standard with the Schreder Sepale « Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 05:14:20 AM » Author: dor123
Update: @Liam: I'm searched for the model you posted, and found this PDF file , which state what I've said earlier (Trys for 5 secs, wait for 1 min, and gives up after 3 cycles). So the one inside our Schreder Sepale, can't be Venture. The only options are BAG Turgi or Philips. Also, I need to see more Thorn Alpha 2000 cycles, to understood well how their Tridonic ZRM ES/CT behaves with cycling lamps at various conditions.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies