Author Topic: What Brand does your Power (Utility) Company Use?  (Read 6445 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What Brand does your Power (Utility) Company Use? « Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 05:48:48 AM » Author: joseph_125
I think mostly Philips/Lumec LED luminaires, HPS luminaires tend to be Cooper or AEL. Toronto Hydro uses mostly AEL HPS luminaires now but there are some Coopers and GEs.
International96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Brand does your Power (Utility) Company Use? « Reply #31 on: April 10, 2021, 02:24:33 PM » Author: International96
My cooperative used 100W GE 201SA HPS units until 2016, now for new installs or replacements/retrofits they use Evluma AreaMax 70W 3000K LED units. Prior to the 201SA, it was either a mix between the American Electric Series 11 MV (I've seen a lot of 201SA HPS heads as replacements on those arms) or for the really old installs, the Westinghouse RMA-10.

For the commercial floodlighting, they use either 194-watt (commercial-rate) or 266-watt (industrial-rate) GE Evolve LED's, starting in 2018. Prior to this, it was either a 400-watt or 1000-watt Metal Halide (I believe GE) units.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What Brand does your Power (Utility) Company Use? « Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 02:57:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
In my area, the co-op GEC uses the Evluma Areamax fixtures since 2015/2016. I don't know the wattage but they are the whitish color, and have flat lenses.
Before that for a very brief time they used some LED cobra fixtures that I don't know the name of. Prior to that, they used mostly Cooper
RMA NEMA fixtures in HPS, but I don't know the wattage either. There were a very few GE 201SA NEMA heads in HPS also that I've seen at a few homes,
probably from around 2004/05 or so. The HID fixtures are no longer relamped so they replace with LED.

Going back further they used AEL 165 bracket fixtures in 200W HPS (probably late 80s/early 90s era). At one time they also used
GE Powr/Brackets in 400W MV (probably early 80s/possibly 70s).

For flood lights they install Cooper Night Falcons.

In my town, Duke Energy these days mostly installs AEL cobras. Up until early last year they were using AEL 115 FCO cobras in HPS,
or AEL ATB2 and ATB0 LED. Lately they seem to be installing a lot of AEL ATB Micro cobras. They still relamps HPS fixtures (at least
I think they do.)

For floods they used to install AEL floods of some kind in PSMH, but now they install some kind of LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies