Author Topic: Siren ambience in Oakmont, PA  (Read 2367 times)
chapman84
Siren ambience in Oakmont, PA « on: July 23, 2015, 08:53:12 PM » Author: chapman84
Federal Signal Model 5A and Federal Signal Model 5AT sirens in Oakmont, PA sounding for a call. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5JCTZcqZg
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Siren ambience in Oakmont, PA « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:08:44 AM » Author: dor123
Here in Israel, sirens aren't used for calling, but only as air raid sirens (The "All clear" siren to declare a moment of silence, once at Holocaust Day and twice at Remembrance Day. Also, in haredi communities, the "All clear" siren are used when the Shabbat enters).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:40:20 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Siren ambience in Oakmont, PA « Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:20:13 AM » Author: Lumex120
Beautiful. They have two sirens for fire calls?  ???

Unofficial LG Discord

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Siren ambience in Oakmont, PA « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 04:27:06 PM » Author: marcopete87
Here in Israel, sirens aren't used for calling, but only as air raid sirens (The "All clear" siren to declare a moment of silence, once at Holocaust Day and twice at Remembrance Day. Also, in haredi communities, the "All clear" siren are used when the Shabbat enters).
I hope they are used more for those purposes than war warning.

In Vicenza (near where i live), we have only flooding siren (we had an major flooding in 2010 and usually, during October, November, March, April, we have minor floodings).
They are mounted on tallest structures (bell towers) and i don't know why they costed us 15.000€/siren.
They play pre-recorded tones and, sometimes, also speech.
However, where i live, an mayor thought mobile walls in strategic points could prevent flooding, and they works fine, so we don't see floodings from years  :D .

Here you can see where mobile walls are placed when Tesina rise over guard levels.
https://goo.gl/maps/px07t
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Siren ambience in Oakmont, PA « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 11:39:03 PM » Author: icefoglights

Sirens can have different meanings.  In the case of the video above, they are used by a volunteer fire department or ambulance service.  They were used to summon volunteers to the station when a call came in in the days before radio pagers, and some departments (particularly back east) still use them.  Most civil defense sirens in the US have been decommissioned or re-purposed.  In tornado-prone regions, they would be used used during tornado warnings.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies