Author Topic: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen?  (Read 3934 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « on: August 27, 2015, 01:35:39 PM » Author: Lumex120
At the local post office, in the drop ceiling, there are HPS TROFFERS. Thankfully, at the counter, where customers come in, it's fluorescent, but the area with the troffers is entirely orange. I think the building was built in the 70's when HPS was all the rage, or the troffers were MV at one point then converted to HPS. I'll never know... ::)
Also, they have ceiling mounted LPS wallpacks outside.

What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen?

Unofficial LG Discord

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:46:06 PM » Author: dor123
LED lighting inside an oven .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:11:05 PM » Author: marcopete87
LED lighting inside an oven [/url].
Win!  :o

Most improper?
I see everyday when i drive: xenon retrofit bulb, glaring bomb!
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 02:13:22 PM » Author: Ash
CFLs in signal lights (electric gate opening/closing flasher, x-ray room red warning light, )

150W HPS lighting from above into 15 sq ft toilet booth (actually the HPS was there first, but then the booth with its own PL light added, the HPS remained)

25W incandescent candle lamp in a "no smoking" backlit sign made of plastic. See who's smoking now.....

50W 12V halogens in enclosed wine bottle display glass cabinets. Great way to preserve the wine

The HPS would be nice touch in the areas of the post office building like the mailboxes wall. Indoors that can be converted to Pulse Start MH, Great light & end of story
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 02:23:07 PM » Author: Lumex120

The HPS would be nice touch in the areas of the post office building like the mailboxes wall. Indoors that can be converted to Pulse Start MH, Great light & end of story
I know.  Everytime i go there, I think of how much better it would look with PSMH in the troffers...

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 02:52:29 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Hell, I've seen some HPS high bays at the old high school before it was torn down and rebuilt.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 03:06:41 PM » Author: Ash
Thats not necessarily bad. In a school building with spaces and features (and not just a low ceiling box), i can see places where HPS high bays would be great
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 03:37:25 PM » Author: sol
Gymnasiums and skating arenas lit with HPS.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:03 PM » Author: Solanaceae
The state fair grandstand is lit by high bay 400w HPS too.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 04:43:46 AM » Author: Medved
Illuminating the Trosky castle ruin, which had been famous for it's scenery of mysterious shadows on the horizon - effect went completely gone...

No more selfballasted c***

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 08:08:32 AM » Author: Lumex120
Illuminating the Trosky castle ruin, which had been famous for it's scenery of mysterious shadows on the horizon - effect went completely gone...
Let me guess: Mercury vapor removed by someone thinking HPS or LED was greener? (Pun intended) :P

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 08:53:45 AM » Author: Ash
Somebody thought a place unlit at night is not up to 21st century standards. Same as making natural parks "user friendly" in various ways BS
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 09:59:18 AM » Author: Medved
Let me guess: Mercury vapor removed by someone thinking HPS or LED was greener? (Pun intended) :P

Completely wrong... :-P :-)

Just a light was installed, it does not matter there which type, instead of shadowy scenery on the horizon there were two illuminated sticks (what remained are mainly the two towers on a hill)...

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 10:30:10 AM » Author: Ash

Two towers on a hill ^_^
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's the most improper use for a light source you have seen? « Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 11:31:32 AM » Author: Medved
Well, you are not that far...

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies