Author Topic: NEW LED Luminaire...Already Discontinued  (Read 1246 times)
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
NEW LED Luminaire...Already Discontinued « on: August 29, 2015, 07:47:52 PM » Author: M250R201SA
http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/na/solutions/outdoor-lighting/decorative-post-top/evolve-led-post-top-contemporary-conical.jsp

Any ideas on why?  For me, it's a happy sight to see an LED Luminaire discontinued... Let's keep HID going!!

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: NEW LED Luminaire...Already Discontinued « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 08:13:04 PM » Author: Ash
LED lantern design is fairly new, manufacturers have no experience, and they make design mistakes. Sometimes even very stupid ones. If nobody in engineering and testing spots the flaw, the lantern will get to the customer, and then after short period be returned for warranty repair/replacement

The cost of warranty service is high (for one, many people involved spending work hours on a single customer case, which all need salary). The cost of warranty service may well exceed any profits made on the sale of the lantern in the 1st place

When the manufacturer make a product, he assume that only a tiny part of the quantity will ever have problems. When a lot of them are back for service in a short time, that cost a lot of $, as well as give the manufacturer bad name for unreliable products..... Then they stop the sales, to prevent more lanterns with the flaw getting to the market
hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: NEW LED Luminaire...Already Discontinued « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:36:04 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Yay Happy days a LED failure
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies