Author Topic: Who believes in ghosts?  (Read 20690 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #75 on: December 24, 2020, 06:59:09 PM » Author: Jovan
Recently was sitting on the PC in my bedroom and saw someone go thru the hallway and into the bathroom, shutting the door behind them.  thought it was my Mom who was at my place at the time but when i went to check the room after it was closed for >45 minutes there was no one in there and my mother had fallen asleep on the couch.  no idea who/what it was.  the doors were locked and so was the bathroom window (which is 15 feet off the ground).

weird.  stuff like that and other small things happen here all the time.  i have things disappear nowhere to be found only to reappear in an obvious spot moments after you looked there for it.
If you had opened windows(not the pc sistem) then it is promaja hahaha.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #76 on: December 24, 2020, 07:05:11 PM » Author: Jovan
Agreed. Spirits are memories of deseased familiars or close people like a friend. E.g. we get memories of my recently diseased grandpa when we listen to Cueca (A Chilean folkloric music genre, typical from the countryside, where my grandpa family comes from).

Ghosts are a bit more tricky, because they are spontaneous fenomenas that usually happen quickly and don't give you enough time to look them closely or register them. Then if you manage to get a material evidence of them is even more trickier to prove anyone else that your footage is real.
I belive in ghosts.They are always there.Sometimes on camera you can see some reflection,faces or something else.I belive in God.
Note for everyone:I don't predict future or talk with ghosts.Promaja is not type of ghosts or something like that.Promaja is circulating wind when you open windows and doors in your home.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #77 on: December 28, 2020, 11:11:55 AM » Author: Binarix128
Today I had a weird experience. I was talking my breakfast so I took the butter out of the fridge, and then I prepared a sandwich. Then I go upstairs for my phone and came back and the glass plate of the butter was exploded everywhere, it was tempered glass so it was likely to explode, but it exploded from nowhere, probably it was a thermal shock, the room was quite hot but it never happened even with hotter days. just a simple coincidence or a real unknown phenomena.

I'm considering to leave a camera with motion detection overnight in any room and then see the footage.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #78 on: December 28, 2020, 02:51:19 PM » Author: Ash
Tempered glass have sometimes long (hours+) delay for some crack propagation. for example if a tempered glass window is smashed, the rubble will keep emitting crackling sounds for hours and maybe days after the breakage

So the plate could have some initial damage (from hitting it on something and taking a small chip out), from which the crack took some more time to propagate
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #79 on: December 28, 2020, 02:55:59 PM » Author: Binarix128
The glass plate fell into the floor a few days ago, but it didn't explode, so probably in that fall there was some damage that ended up triggering the breakdown today.
Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #80 on: December 28, 2020, 11:09:20 PM » Author: Xytrell
Without fail, EVERY ghost story I've ever heard amounts to a contradiction. Most commonly, Argument from incredulity

I don't know how else that could have happened, therefore, I know it had to be caused by X

I don't know, therefore I know.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #81 on: December 29, 2020, 03:33:55 AM » Author: takemorepills
I wish there are ghosts.

If there are ghosts, then we continue to exist when our human condition ceases.

I think this is why people WANT to believe in ghosts, it means we continue on after we die. I'd like to believe in ghosts, but I'm a skeptic.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #82 on: December 29, 2020, 08:17:20 AM » Author: Binarix128
Well, that's a bit complicated. Because if there aren't ghosts, spirits or souls it means that all we (and all life in general) are just a bunch of random chemical reactions trading electrons inside our brains, but I think there's more than that yet the science can't really figure out.

Note that I'm not a strong believer of ghosts, I just think there's a possibility.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:19:37 AM by Binarix128 » Logged
Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #83 on: December 29, 2020, 02:47:14 PM » Author: Xytrell
if there aren't ghosts, spirits or souls it means that all we (and all life in general) are just a bunch of random chemical reactions

You might as well say "if I'm not rich, that means I'm homeless. I don't like the idea of being homeless, therefore I am rich."

Again, we have here an argument from incredulity, as well as a false dichotomy. If you had even a middle-school level education in chemistry, you'd know chemical reactions are not random.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:50:07 PM by Xytrell » Logged
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #84 on: February 02, 2022, 07:10:22 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Back in February 2021 whilst struggling to sleep. Eventually fell asleep way past 12am and I was dreaming of myself in my very own bedroom with the same lighting setup (my red lava lamp) - I was on my phone looking through FB sitting on top of my bed. Suddenly I hear what sounded like a demonic hissing sound. I then try to lie down successfully but then I felt like my left arm was being pulled/stretched as if some demonic spirit was trying to pull me out of my bed. I tried to break free but then my upper part of my body was paralysed and stiff. I managed to move my legs like a swimmer would do and I was trying to get my head all the way to the headboard - fortunately the leg kicking made my upper body break free of my paralysis effect and overcome the tugging sensation.

I was like "where are you?" "Hello?" to hear any response from what I thought was a demon trying to pull me out my bed, but there was no response. Luckily this experience only happened once last year

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #85 on: February 02, 2022, 07:44:51 AM » Author: Jovan
This happens when your brain wakes up but your body is still sleeping and inactive,according to some people.I hope that you don't have sleeping issues.
LINKS

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #86 on: February 04, 2022, 05:22:29 PM » Author: LINKS
There is an abandoned house next door to me that has been empty for about 24 years, alot of the windows are smashed and water has rotted the upstairs floor, and garden is totally over grown with trees, I got the power back on at the meter box with a jumper cable as someone has put a bypass at the pole fuse. I want to get an old tv and some more lights going to scare people away
RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: Who believes in ghosts? « Reply #87 on: February 05, 2022, 10:34:01 AM » Author: RCM442
I wouldn't even attempt to do anything with bypassing that meter. And how can someone bypass the pole fuse without killing themselves? The voltage is way too high! If that transformer fails with a bypass fuse, you WILL wind up with a fireball and might wind up blacking out several houses!
Remember, bypassing the meter is stealing power which is illegal!
Somehow this story doesn't make any sense.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies