Author Topic: Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns  (Read 1634 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns « on: October 03, 2015, 06:48:55 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Check this out
https://youtu.be/ndqhkJn2iNY

Comments are welcome

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 02:01:10 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I remember playing this game when I was a little kid. At that time the graphics were really awesome compared to other games. I still sometimes listen the soundtrack of this game as I think its one of the best game soundtracks ever made.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 02:12:47 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Still like these graphics to this day actually  8) and the soundtrack is so amazing, I listen to the complete soundtrack on YouTube 

Also in the game you've may have noticed levels that feature proper EOL fluoresant style with the lighting of the setting

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns « Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:55:58 PM » Author: Ash
The lanterns here look to me like clear MH (small light source, too white for clear Merc) placed close behind a frost glass panel. If you soo like the game, go ahead and make one "portal" like this for your Halloween setup, complete wih the sound track....
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:15:47 PM » Author: Flurofan96
I'd agree that the lanterns which look like elongated octagons have a CMH look due to the colour shade of white but at the end of the vid when the player goes up the transparent elevator, there are prismatic covered rectangular lanterns giving out a purple daylight colour of a quartz MH  8)

Could try making the portal for Halloween  8)

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns « Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 09:41:03 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I somewhat remember that game when I was a kid. I played Doom, Quake and Quake II more though.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Unreal Gold game level featuring 60hz buzzing of lanterns « Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 04:35:42 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I still have this game on CD but I have no idea how to get it work on modern windows. I think I tried to play it with windows XP 10 years ago but it did not work at all. too bad. I will always remember the ending scene(which features one of the best music tracks in this game). you can watch it on youtube here: https://youtu.be/fWxebiF-BhE?t=4m6s but be warned, it contains spoiler if you have not played the game.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies