Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 38391 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #210 on: November 30, 2023, 10:00:08 AM » Author: Rommie
I've never seen the point of a pickup unless you actually use it to pick things up in. I've seen so many polished to within an inch of their lives that have obviously never seen any kind of load in the back. Why..?  :wndr: ???

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #211 on: November 30, 2023, 10:33:18 AM » Author: BT25
@Lcubed: I've got an '04 Toyota truck (Tacoma) and it has never broken down on me...getting close to 300K miles on it...its a 4WD too.
@Rommie: Yep, I know what you mean...I actually use mine for its intended purpose, but not on a daily basis.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #212 on: November 30, 2023, 12:41:05 PM » Author: suzukir122
Since I own a motorcycle, I've been debating on possibly trading my 2011 Mazda 3 for a pick up truck. Really good idea to do so anyways,
not only for the motorcycle, but also for lighting as well....  :wndr:...  8)
There is a chance that I might do this, soon.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #213 on: November 30, 2023, 01:11:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
A guy I used to work with had a pickup for that very reason, taking his off-road bike to different places he could ride it.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #214 on: November 30, 2023, 01:32:13 PM » Author: Rommie
That's all fair enough, but I see so many that have obviously never been used for their intended purpose. Oh well, each to their own, but it beats me.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #215 on: November 30, 2023, 05:20:19 PM » Author: icefoglights
Certainly see plenty of that.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #216 on: December 01, 2023, 12:50:32 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I've never seen the point of a pickup unless you actually use it to pick things up in. I've seen so many polished to within an inch of their lives that have obviously never seen any kind of load in the back. Why..?  :wndr: ???

I have to agree with that! And now the manufacturers are making the pickup bed smaller and the cab bigger and bigger...
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #217 on: December 01, 2023, 01:49:53 PM » Author: rjluna2
Yep :) Most truck manufacturers put more stuff, bell and whistle in the cab, but not much of the bed.

Most bed configuration can be small, medium and large.  As for the cab, we have regular, super and crew body style.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

VestasMan

View Posts
View Gallery

look maa, no thermal runaway!

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #218 on: January 19, 2024, 01:02:43 AM » Author: VestasMan
Toyota privia van

i am a fan and light collector fro a hicktown in new zealand.  i don't mind let alone hate the people that call wifi routers "modems",LED drivers "ballasts" and LCD panels "picture tubes" because i kinda do this myself. i am a big fan of TOAST ASYLUM and more so now that i am into lighting! :a_2d: .

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies