Author Topic: Urban Exploration  (Read 2164 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Urban Exploration « on: November 14, 2015, 09:46:49 AM » Author: Lumex120
Anyone interested in watching "Urban Exploration" videos? I do, especially when they explore commercial buildings or stores. Here is a scary video of exploring an abandoned bowling alley, with power still connected. Notice the 4xf40t12 troffer with EOL GE lamps at the beginning. In the whole video, you can see that there are still blacklights and a banged up ceiling fan running, probably for the past 15 years 24/7. Unfortunately, I found out that the echoey backround music was added. It would have been perfect if the backround music had still been playing over the PA system...
Here is another one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvjQIGuLHGA.
At 18:25, you can see a yardblaster box. Makes me wonder how it got there...
Anyone else like watching these?

Unofficial LG Discord

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Urban Exploration « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 12:16:01 PM » Author: sol
I do. It's the only way I'll ever do urban exploration. There's no way I'd enter abandoned buildings like that ! I also like to surf the web for exploration photos of city sewer systems, telephone central offices, ventilation rooms in large buildings, inside wind turbines, pretty much any place that is not normally open to the public.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Urban Exploration « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 01:08:45 PM » Author: Lumex120
I do. It's the only way I'll ever do urban exploration. There's no way I'd enter abandoned buildings like that ! I also like to surf the web for exploration photos of city sewer systems, telephone central offices, ventilation rooms in large buildings, inside wind turbines, pretty much any place that is not normally open to the public.
Nice to hear I am not the only one interested. Check out this video. It is a vintage mall that is not dying, and it is lit with some 2x2 MV troffers! At around 2:31, he even says the lights are giving off a weird green tinge. Hopefully they stay like that and don't get replaced with fluorescent troffers.

Unofficial LG Discord

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Urban Exploration « Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:20:04 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I do stuff like this all the time, I did it before i had even heard of the term "Urban Exploration" sometimes when i do it i end up finding some really cool lighting related items, like an old school WWII era fixture which i have yet to get in an abandoned factory nearby.

For anyone into reading stories of urban exploration, there was this group in Minneapolis that have database of places they've explored http://www.actionsquad.org they're called "Action Squad".

that bowling alley would be my heaven lol
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:43:31 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Urban Exploration « Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 09:57:36 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've never actually explored any abandoned buildings myself, but I've heard that in my area there are lots of old shut down textile mills.  South Carolina used to be one of the world's top textile manufacturers due to our local cotton production and previous abundance of textile mills.  Nowadays, the old mills are renovated into fancy, overpriced studio apartments or left abandoned on the outskirts of town.  There used to be mill villages, where there were neighborhoods of small houses surrounding a textile mill, housing for mill employees.  Exploring the old textile mills would probably reveal lots of old weaving equipment and some interesting looms, used to weave string into sheets of textile.  There are a few factories near my today that produce textile for carpeting in USA made cars.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Urban Exploration « Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 01:01:47 AM » Author: tolivac
I like to watch the abandoned place videos,too.Saw the one of the abandoned bowling alley.the explorer was nervous about the place because there was a lot of homeless people around there.The explorer thought they were going to attack him.So,if you are going to do that would be advisable to go with a nother person.I "explored" a recently abandoned house in my neighborhood.The residents just simply left.The left a broken portable basketball backboard thing,2 toilets,a door,doghouse,and a folding chair-just "chilling" unfolded in the driveway.In the house you could see the kids room-"Hellow Kitty" stenciled on the walls.Little Mermaid curtains on the windows in the kids room.The master badroom-blackout curtains-weird purple paint job,and the master bathroom shower rotting.The stove,fridge,dishwasher missing from the kitchen.Same old GE HVAC system-must be at least 30 yrs old.One bedroom-door closed stank like dog-guess the dogs bedroom???They had a pit bull dog.There is also a guest quarters-this was renovated.Didm't take any pictures,should have.There is another abandoned house in the neighborhood.Yard REALLY overgrown.Taxes still paid on the home by someone so says a neighbor that lives next door.The garage door broken down,so who knows what is in there.Explosred it once a few years ago.The orig owners died.All the appliances still there.A fallen tree leaning agaisnt the end of the place.Lots of rabbits and such live in the overgrown yard.You would need a forest mower to mow it at this point.Took picutes of another abandhouse in another neighborhood.Didn't go in,place covered in black mold.Table still set!If not for the mold you could sit down and eat!Most of this seen thru the windows.Vacuum cleaner abandoned in middle of living room.Roof starting to collapse.This was a $250K house at one time.The people just packed up and left-been abandoned for over 20 yrs!Some neighborhood kids broke in and had a party.The county boarded up the place.Can't get in.Therfe used to be textile mills here-only a few still operating.Rest were torn down.There used to be a Fruit of The Loom underwear factory in downtown Grimesland.It was torn down.Place now a vacant lot.There was a community yard sale held there before it was demolished.All of the equipment was removed.Had nice wooden floors.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies