Author Topic: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications  (Read 4362 times)
UVIR

View Posts
View Gallery

mercury blue

+YiannisGalidakis giannakisgalidakis
Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « on: November 16, 2015, 04:22:28 PM » Author: UVIR
Hi everyone,

In the period 2003-2012 I've used my collection to create a list of spectra for the most common lamps used today.

In 2012 my machine was hit by the "brain" virus and in my effort to get rid of it (this virus seems to muck with your mind) most of my web pages were deleted.

I've just finished reconstructing the two more important pages in my Spectroscopy section, so I am posting them here:

http://users.otenet.gr/~o96rhl/spectroscope/amici.html

The following page might also be of interest to lighting/collector folks and is a research study done when the Full-spectrum factor was first announced by rensselaer polytechnic institute:

http://users.otenet.gr/~o96rhl/spectroscope/elements.html

PS: I am primarily an (obsessed) lamp collector (with criterion the spectrum). If you have lamps which produce a spectrum different from the ones you see in the Amici page, and you are interested in trading, please tell me here.

PS2: Most of the links on my reconstructed pages are dead and will remain so until I recreate them from the archive, so it doesn't make sense to navigate my pages, yet. Sorry about that.

Hope you enjoy them,
UVIR :mv:

-- "Eventually, everything is understandable" --

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:43:33 PM » Author: merc
Wow! What a great job you have done! 8) Thanks for sharing.
I definitely need to find some time to browse through it all.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 04:43:44 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Very nice websites and welcome to the club. :)
Do you by chance have spectra of the following:
Coated /DX MV lamp
Coated /C MV lamp
Coated /W MV lamp
Coated /N MV lamp
Clear MV lamp
LPS lamp
HPS lamp
Metal halide
UK 'white SON' hps lamp

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

UVIR

View Posts
View Gallery

mercury blue

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 05:06:16 PM » Author: UVIR
Very nice websites and welcome to the club. :)
Do you by chance have spectra of the following:
Coated /DX MV lamp
Coated /C MV lamp
Coated /W MV lamp
Coated /N MV lamp
Clear MV lamp
LPS lamp
HPS lamp
Metal halide
UK 'white SON' hps lamp

I'd be interested in the Magnesium Fluoro-arsenate/germanate coating, which I believe to be the /C designation(?). I wasn't able to find it when I was in the States. The problem is that now I am in Europe and I am not sure if the bases are compatible. If you have any MV with /C coating and you can send the screw mounting as well, then we can talk, unless you have any with an E27/E40 (mogul) bases, which are in use here.

The spectrum of the other 3 coaters I think are fairly close to Yttrium Orthovanadate(?) so I have them all under /N (HPL-N)
I may be wrong, though, I am basing that on my 2kg Sylvania Engineering catalog.

many thanks,
UVIR
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 05:07:56 PM by UVIR » Logged

UVIR

View Posts
View Gallery

mercury blue

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 05:10:09 PM » Author: UVIR
Wow! What a great job you have done! 8) Thanks for sharing.
I definitely need to find some time to browse through it all.

You are welcome! Good to be here at last!

best,
UVIR

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 05:11:01 PM » Author: Solanaceae
That could be arranged, I have a /C lamp ad matching USA mogul socket. The lamp is 250 watt and is an extremely rare kenrad lamp. What would you trade?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

UVIR

View Posts
View Gallery

mercury blue

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 05:24:20 PM » Author: UVIR
That could be arranged, I have a /C lamp ad matching USA mogul socket. The lamp is 250 watt and is an extremely rare kenrad lamp. What would you trade?

What kind of lamp you'd be looking for? If you can wait a couple of days, I will reconstruct my web page where I have photographs of my entire collection and I can post it here.

best,
UVIR

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 05:44:09 PM » Author: Solanaceae
You have any 18w LPS lamps you would trade? I need a few.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

UVIR

View Posts
View Gallery

mercury blue

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 06:11:13 PM » Author: UVIR
You have any 18w LPS lamps you would trade? I need a few.

I only have one 35W LPS.

I do have some strange/rare phosphors on 125W MVs though. I will list them after I put up my collection photos.
Do you have any 125W MV clear ones with E27 sockets?

many thanks,
UVIR

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 06:39:12 PM » Author: Solanaceae
That sounds good. PM me with details. :)

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 06:45:06 PM » Author: Lumex120
I could spend all day on that website. Amazing! ;D
Do you have coated metal halide lamps there? I would really like to see the spectrum of one compared to a clear MH lamp.

Unofficial LG Discord

UVIR

View Posts
View Gallery

mercury blue

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 06:52:35 PM » Author: UVIR
That sounds good. PM me with details. :)

Will do, as soon as I finish with the collection page.

best,
UVIR

UVIR

View Posts
View Gallery

mercury blue

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 07:06:38 PM » Author: UVIR
I could spend all day on that website. Amazing! ;D
Do you have coated metal halide lamps there? I would really like to see the spectrum of one compared to a clear MH lamp.

You will probably be disappointed: For the American variety (Na/Sc/Hg) the red component from the phosphor is fairly weak relative to the rich spectrum of Scandium, so it doesn't show much. It is basically drowned/muted by the rest of the spectrum.

For metal halides of the European variety (In/Tl/Na/Hg) I haven't seen it. The only lamp here of this kind is the Philips HPI 400W and it's impossible to find. The only place I've seen it is in J.D. Hooker's website:http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/D%20MHQ%20Philips%20HPI-BUS%20400.htm but the author doesn't seem to have recorded its spectrum yet.

best,
UVIR

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 05:04:04 AM » Author: dor123
Are you "ioannis", who had the spectra page on http://ioannis.virtualcomposer2000.com before it closed?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Spectra of common lamps and Some Lighting Engineering applications « Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 05:13:43 AM » Author: lights*plus
I remember these pages from the mid 2000s. These were good, excellent work. But that prism setup gives non-linear spectra (red-end compressed & blue spread out, scroll down spectra page to see scale). Just a minor inconvenience as it is very nice to have many lamp spectra in one place.

I believe I have an archive somewhere of a few of these webpages circa 2005(?).
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies