Author Topic: NEMA head with red "17" sticker?  (Read 1272 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
NEMA head with red "17" sticker? « on: November 22, 2015, 08:34:30 PM » Author: Lumex120
I just saw a NEMA head that had a red "17" sticker on it. It didn't look that old, possibly installed within the last few years. I don't have any pics unfortunately, but are metal halide NEMA heads rare?

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: NEMA head with red "17" sticker? « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 08:48:40 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I have heard of MH NEMA heads, and idk if they're rare. Did this have a closed bottom lens?

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: NEMA head with red "17" sticker? « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 09:08:45 PM » Author: Lumex120
I have heard of MH NEMA heads, and idk if they're rare. Did this have a closed bottom lens?
There was a bulb sticking out a little bit out of the bottom, so it was probably open bucket.

Unofficial LG Discord

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: NEMA head with red "17" sticker? « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 09:56:09 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Ah, must have a protected arctube bulb then. The unprotected bulb bases have a flare and are slightly shallower than the protected base bulbs so they can't be used in an open, exposed fixture.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: NEMA head with red "17" sticker? « Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 10:05:07 AM » Author: Lumex120
Ah, must have a protected arctube bulb then. The unprotected bulb bases have a flare and are slightly shallower than the protected base bulbs so they can't be used in an open, exposed fixture.
That makes sense as to why the lamp stuck out a tiny bit.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies